Operations Director - Spider. The region’s Fixed Fee Web Recruiters, are currently supporting a Lowestoft based company with their search for an Operations Director. They specialise in metal fabrication, supplying a wide range of industries.
This independent, well established company is looking for an Operations Director with at least 5 years’ experience in management within metal fabrication or a similar industry to join the team.
The key focus of the Operations Director will be to manage all aspects of the day to day operations. You will have responsibility for managing the company’s existing team to achieve the production and delivery of customers’ orders on time, to cost and in accordance with the appropriate quality standards. Included in the duties will be managing the team to achieve a timely response to customer enquiries, the production of accurate drawings and cost estimates, prompt and complete communications with customers, the scheduling of manufacturing operations, transport scheduling and the recording of all transactions on the company’s systems.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing plans to meet the company’s objectives
- Maintaining a production schedule that meets or improves upon the agreed delivery date
- Providing accurate data to the managing director and the board
- Ensuring appropriate stock levels
- Supporting employees to ensure standards are met
- Ensuring all operational staff receive appropriate training
- Ensuring that the operation meets or exceeds health and safety standards
- Ensuring adequate cover for holidays
- Participating in interviews
- Monitoring performance levels
- Promoting the business
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Educated to A level standard as a minimum
- At least 5 years working in management within the metal fabrication or similar industry
- Qualified in production and / or business management techniques
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Able to motivate, manage and command the respect of staff
- Able to plan and prioritise own and team workload
- Confident and clear when communicating with customers, staff and senior management
- Good understanding of management techniques and standards including:
- 6 Sigma
- ISO 14001
- ISO 45001
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company which has more than 50 years of engineering experience.
On offer is a salary of £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider, the region’s Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: Director, Operations, Metal, Metal fabrication, Management
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
- Metal fabrication