Operations Director - c£75k
"British Engineering, Design & Manufacturing at its best"
We manufacture high end loud speakers and electronics including audio amplifiers, selling through a specialist distribution network across the globe. As our Operations Director, you will be working in a business where original design, engineering and manufacturing is the result of passion, experience, craftsmanship and an unwavering dedication to being the best in our sector. You will be at the centre of, and represent a business of high reputation and long standing, with an enviable, global and in many cases high profile customer base. We are looking for someone who can align themselves with our high quality brand; a proven Operations professional with excellent commerciality and enthusiasm. This role forms part of our Board, so experience and ambition are key, likewise a desire to 'belong’, and the view that this as an opportunity offering scope and longevity.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working alongside the functional heads, the Operations Director is responsible for the efficient manufacture of products to the highest standards. The position also contributes to the development and implementation of the business strategies, policies and practices. You will be accountable for the full delivery and development of all aspects of purchasing, production, warehousing, goods in/out and quality control. You will manage and motivate your first line reports, to achieve the best performance from them and their respective teams.
- Lead and motivate managers heading up teams within your control and ensure this is passed on to their teams
- Contribute proactively within the senior team to the development of the company and fully collaborate with all other members of the team and all staff members
- Responsible for the efficient manufacture of products to a high standard and to meet sales order targets
- Agree performance expectations with all direct reports and provide feedback (at least quarterly) on performance against those expectations; ensure that all managers within the department do likewise with their staff
- Maintain an openness to feedback on one’s own performance and a commitment to implementing agreed performance/behavioural changes
- Play an active part in the strategic planning process, with particular input on operational and production matters
- Oversee the preparation of budgets and present to the senior team as appropriate; Cost and budgetary responsibility across Production, Purchasing and Stores
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts of performance against financial and operational KPI’s ensuring they are met by Production, Purchasing and Stores
- Attending weekly meetings with the Managing Director and provide weekly reports on KPI’s
- Management of the production facilities, along with health, safety and environment responsibilities
- Ensure dealings with colleagues and customers are to the highest ethical standards
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Experience in a senior operations role within manufacturing
- Must have experience of lean manufacturing, ideally 5S
- Able to lead, coach, inspire, support and motivate teams to maintain and improve best practice
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the business
- Understand the importance of customer requirements
- Proficient in planning software, in order to facilitate the building of financial projections, charts and reports; computer knowledge in programs like Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines to ensure compliance with same
- Strong Strategic Planning, Budgeting and Financial Control skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Desirable but not essential experience of the UK audio market (at manufacturer level)
Salary: c£75k per annum (negotiable dependent upon experience). Pension; 25 days annual leave + bank and statutory holidays; mobile and laptop. Occasional travel will be required.
In writing by sending a CV and covering letter to our retained Recruitment Manager. No agencies please, and no direct applications to the employer will be accepted.
- Operations Management
- Lean Processes