City Recruitment Group are recruiting for a Head of Operations - Warehouse & Transport role working for a large Manufacturing & Distribution business in the Birmingham, West Midlands area.
Your New Role
CRG Logistics & Operations have been partnered with reputable client of ours in the search for a Head of Operations - Warehouse & Transport for their Warehouse & Distribution facility in Birmingham. This is a newly created role and on offer is full site responsibility across both Warehousing & Transport operations within a multi-user environment.
The Head of Operations - Warehouse & Transport role will require the individual to:
- Report to the Managing Director & other main shareholders
- Ensuring all day to day operations are running as smoothly and efficiently as possible
- Manage a team of circa 100+ employees across; Warehousing & Transport
- Be responsible for inbound, pick and outbound operations
- Take responsibility for the Transport operation across a varied HGV / LGV and Van fleet
- Be responsible for the inventory management through your teams
- Full site H&S control
- Accountable for people development within the operation.
To be considered for the role
The successful candidate for the Head of Operations - Warehouse & Transport role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background - ESSENTIAL
- A minimum of 5+ years Logistics management experience across both Warehousing & Transport - ESSENTIAL
- Have managed in excess of 100+ staff previously - ESSENTIAL
- Have been responsible for 1000+ SKUs - ESSENTIAL
- Come from a large business/large scale operations - £50m + turnover - ESSENTIAL
- Experience within 3PL / Haulage environment previously - Advantageous
- CPC National / CPC International - Advantageous
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications - Advantageous
- SAP knowledge - Advantageous
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be results driven and commercially minded.
- MUST have a strong personality - authoritative & influential - ESSENTIAL
- MUST be commutable to Birmingham (30-45 mins maximum)
What our client can offer you
Salary of £70,000 - £75,000, 25 Days + 8 Bank holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Plus additional company benefits
Please 'apply now’ to avoid missing out on this opportunity or contact Sehar Kabir at City Recruitment Group for more information
- Operations Management
- Business Operations
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'