Operations Director ( EMEA )
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the EMEA VP-Supply Chain, the role has multi-site and multi-country strategic and operational responsibility for all manufacturing and distribution activities. Scope of responsibility and key deliveries areas include site safety, quality delivery, production and maintenance efficieincies , material /inventory control , site MRP (planning & scheduling), leadership of major projects, ownership of change management in route to market changes such as distributors shifts, efficient ramp up of new Capex in these sites.
The role works closely with EMEA commercial units on change projects, launches and service improvement, leads and implements best practice, cost reduction and business simplification projects and initiatives.
The role is also in charge of ensuring we have engaged teams with the right skills and competencies , with succession and development plans.
Responsible for Leading and Developing Operations ($50m - $60m operating budget) for our Consumer Business Unit, the role covers 4 Manufacturing sites (Francex2 , Italyx1, Polandx1), 7- Distribution operated centers (France, Poland, Italy, Portugal), with around 950 employees overall.
Position will directly supervise:
- Plant Directors/Managers: 4
- Distribution Managers: 2
Knowledge and experience
- Master of science degree or MBA level in food technology, engineering, or Supply chain Logistics.
- 15-20 years’ experience in food manufacturing operations 10 years’ experience in international FMCG companies.
- Experience of working within a range of business cultures, international experience is required.
- Previous multi-country operating experience.
- At ease to navigate in matrix organization.
- Works full time in English and French
- Project planning skills, has demonstrated success of supply chain and major change management projects; plant construction, SAP implementation, acquisition integration ,etc.
- TPM experience.
- Worked on cross functional projects / Supply chain / engineering, tract record of successful team working.
- Experience of leading negotiations with Unions/Works councils i.e. factory relocation, compulsory redundancy, major changes to existing work practices, etc
- Strategic thinking, excellent problem solving skills, strong business and financial acumen.
- Result oriented and self-managed individual.
- Evidence of adaptability in different cultural environment.
- Influencing and motivating skills and natural leadership strength.
- Evidence of very strong leadership skills and people management experience. Able to lead, motivate, influence, develop, mentor and coach.
- Strong communication and listening skills, able to engage at all levels.
- Hands-on approach, willing and able to balance strategic verses operational priorities, as appropriate.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team and lead a diverse multi-cultural team in a matrix environment.
- Commercially focused.
- Must be able to promote operational matters across the business spectrum, and to differing levels of management and supervision.
- Flexible & willing to tackle new challenge.
- Willingness to develop to a broader role.
- Food Manufacturing
- Operations Directors
- Manufacturing Operations
- Supply Chain Operations