Our client is a successful and established Logistics business. Based in Watford, they supply UK Overnight, international and sameday delivery services on behalf of a large number of well-known blue chip clients and local businesses.
Due to continued business growth, they are seeking to recruit an Operations Coordinator to join their team. This is a challenging, hands-on role with involvement across all areas of the business including customer service; account management; administration; problem solving and operations.
This role will involve working closely with all members of the Operations team with particular responsibility for overseeing and coordinating the successful delivery of UK Overnight and International parcels and ensuring that high levels of customer service are delivered at all times.
This is a varied and at times fast paced role with the opportunity to progress and take on additional responsibility.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Talking to new and existing customers over the telephone
- Taking bookings & monitoring work in progress
- Working closely with suppliers
- Providing quotations and advising customers on service types
- Assessing customer enquiries, resolving and escalating queries
- Producing quotes, customer and internal reports; data entry & pricing work
- Account management: working as a point of contact for all customers, building and maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Supporting the operation in the warehouse; processing customer consignments
Vital to this role will be the ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. In addition, successful candidates will possess a dynamic work ethic and a strong commitment to providing an exceptional level of customer service at every opportunity.
In addition, previous experience demonstrating the following skills will be vital:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong decision making ability
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word & Outlook and especially Excel
- The ability to work under pressure in a busy environment and deal with unexpected issues quickly and in a logical manner
- A team player with a readiness to accept responsibility & give direction
- PC Literate with competent keyboard skills
- Driving experience with good local and regional road knowledge
Applicants must have proven experience working within a hands on, customer focused environment and have a desire to learn and take on additional responsibility.
Experience building customer relationships, multi-tasking and resolving client issues effectively will be a strong advantage.
Applicants must have a full UK driving license including their own transport and live within a 30 minute journey to Watford.
This is an exciting opportunity to perform an integral and dynamic role within a growing business.
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been short listed for this role.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'