Site: Markham Vale 2
Core Hours: 37.5 per week
Core Days: 1 x Monday to Friday 06.00 - 14.00 / 14.00 - 22.00 rotating.
1 x Sunday to Thursday 22.00 - 06.00.
However due to the nature of the role you will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to your working hours.
Two vacancies have arisen to join our new flagship 500,000sq.ft Distribution Centre that is due to open early 2018. A complex operation delivering high levels of service for brand market leaders, as the successful candidate you will play a vital part in delivering exceptional service to the customer.
As Operations Controller reporting directly to the Shift Manager you will contribute to the success of the site by supporting the day-to-day running of the warehouse, ensuring that all schedules for inbound receipts and outbound loads are run efficiently, liaising with warehouse operatives and First Line Managers to maintain a smooth flow of work throughout the shift and operation.
* Efficiently manage the inbound and outbound schedule to ensure tipping, collection and delivery times are met to Transport timelines.
* Issuing instructions to designated staff to maintain a smooth flow of inbound and outbound work.
* Prioritising inbound and outbound loads as directed by the client as and when requested.
* Managing release of case pick orders in liaison with Shift Supervisors in correlation to volume of pickers.
* Proactive allocation of loads to determine issues prior to picking and liaising with Stock team to resolve.
* Controlling paperwork for inbound and outbound vehicles ensuring 100% accuracy.
* Being the secondary point of contact for all drivers arriving on site.
* To communicate issues to Shift Manager in a timely manner to minimise disruption to the schedule.
* Proactive use of stand trailers to loads available to run on the system, even if out of time order.
* To participate as an active member of the operations team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus.
* Maintaining good communication with transport providers to ensure late collections and delivery failures are avoided.
* Producing a thorough, detailed handover to the following shift highlighting potential issues, reminders and current state of play.
* Highlighting any orders which haven’t been load planned due to missing haulier details.
* Proactively managing inbound and outbound pallets over 4 hours old.
* Assigning of VNA’s to aisles.
* Allocation of marshal lanes versus storage location output for load.
* Adding to and removal of orders to loads.
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
* Ability to prioritise work based on scheduling and available resources.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
* Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
* Able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of on-site systems.
* Able to work to tight deadlines.
* Experience and good working knowledge of Autostore and RF kit.
* Knowledge of Transporean Scheduling system an advantage.
* PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
* Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns in order to cover for absence.
* Be able to demonstrate a courteous and professional attitude towards customers and third party hauliers.
* Should have good oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to solve problems.
* Strong interpersonal, conciliation skills and the capacity to network with suppliers, hauliers and customers.
Click APPLY NOW to kick-start your application!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job