Are you an experienced operations professional?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new role with weekend hours?
CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Controller to join our team in Hemel Hempstead on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a driven, self-starting individual who has existing experience in an Operations Controller or similar role, ideally within a Transport, Logistics or FMCG environment.
The purpose of your role will be to provide a high level of support to the control and operations of your Service Centre whilst ensuring a high level of customer service from booking to completion.
This is a weekend shift role. It is a 28 hour contract, with hours as follows:
Saturday and Sunday 10:00-22:00
Some of the key responsibilities in the role are:
- Allocation of work to couriers in a fair and transparent manner
- Arranging baggage drivers to cover deliveries
- Taking bookings accurately and advising clients of our services
- Route planning, therefore excellent geographical knowledge needed
- Organizing routes in most efficient way
- Implementing and maintaining Service Level Agreements (both customer and service centre specific)
- Proactively keeping clients and fellow employees informed of any delays or issues
- Arrange deliveries to meet airline SLA’s
- Taking courier bookings on phone for express deliveries
- Liaising with operations team
- Regular contact with customers and couriers to ensure an effective and professional level of excellent service
- Be proactive in suggesting to your manager how we can improve our service delivery
If this all sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please don’t delay, get your application submitted as we manage applications on a first come first serve basis.
We do not require the assistant of agencies for this role - thank you in advance!Essential Requirements:
- Proven experience in an Operations Controller or similar role, ideally within a Transport, Logistics or FMCG environment
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Brand Management
- Customer Service
- Operational Support