We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Commercial Finance Analyst to partner with IT and Change stakeholders across Operations to drive robust financial management across the cost base. Your role will be a combination of Financial Planning & Analysis and Finance Business Partnering providing high quality information for decision making and resource allocation.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Control of cost base – ensuring costs are under budget and risks are highlighted to stakeholders so action can be taken to bring overspends back below budget.
• Build an understanding of the department, the underlying driver of costs, how it fits into and interacts the wider M&G business and ultimately supports M&G’s strategic goals.
• Work closely with the Central Finance teams, taking ownership to ensure that monthly results, quarterly forecasts and annual plans are accurate and well understood.
• Produce of monthly MI reporting to Transformation Portfolio leads.
• Analysis of Transformation costs using the finance system and the resource planning tool of which the majority of costs are supply numbers for Project Roadmap so involve working with Transformation stakeholders to explain supply and align supply to project demand.
• Support project sponsors in agreeing cost allocation drivers – driver menu to be used as starting point.
• Produce breakdowns of Roadmap projects e.g. Portfolio MI & Business Unit allocation reporting.
• Review and challenge roadmap portfolio forecasts, working with Change Assurance and Portfolio leads.
• Assist in preparation of annual roadmap planning process and quarterly “baseline” reforecasting
• Contribute to establishment and adherence to sound finance and project governance
• Build strong and effective relationships within Finance, Transformation and wider business stakeholders.
• Process improvement and revision of reports to succinct financial dashboards that will aid better decision making regarding projects and initiatives.
• Ad hoc work in support of Operations Finance Manager.
What we are looking for
We are ideally looking for a Qualified Accountant who has experience of working as a financial analyst or a finance decision support capacity in an IT/ Change environment. You will be able to operate independently and with uncertainty along with being logical and capable of lateral thinking.
For this role, you will need strong analytical, spreadsheet and financial modelling skills and be able to question and understand complex financial data. You will show the ability to be able to make process improvements, build reporting and review files and presentations Experience of using Hyperion/Smartview or other Finance Reporting systems and experience of using Planview or other project accounting / resource management tools is essential to the role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job