We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Commercial Finance Analyst partner with stakeholders across Operations to drive robust financial management across the cost base providing high quality information for decision making and resource allocation. The role is a combination of Financial Planning & Analysis and Finance Business Partnering.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Build an understanding of the departments, the underlying drivers of costs, how it fits into and interacts the wider M&G business and ultimately supports M&G’s strategic goals.
- Build a strong understanding of supplier relationships with material outsourced service providers.
- Have strong commercial acumen with the ability to provide insight and challenge.
- Support of Operations Finance Manager through ad hoc analysis and responding to requests from senior stakeholders.
- Process improvement and revision of reports to succinct financial dashboards that will aid better decision making.
- Control of cost base – ensuring costs are under budget and risks are highlighted to stakeholders so action can be taken to bring overspends back below budget.
- Work closely with the FP&A and Cost teams, taking ownership to ensure that monthly results, quarterly forecasts and annual plans are accurate and well understood.
- Build strong and effective relationships within Finance, Transformation and wider business stakeholders.
What we are looking for
We are ideally looking for a Qualified Accountant with strong analytical skills; you should be able to question and understand complex financial data as well as make / advise on process improvements, reporting writing, review files and presentations.
You should be able to operate independently with limited instruction and lack of certainty, possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal, be able to liaise effectively with key stakeholders and people at all levels. You should be organised, driven and being able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines along with being highly numerate, logical and capable of lateral thinking.
You will have strong Excel, PowerPoint and financial modelling skills as well as experience of using Hyperion, Smartview, Essbase or other Finance Reporting systems.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.