Our established yet expanding security-based client is seeking to recruit an Operations Co-ordinator to join their team.
Our client is an SIA Approved Contractor providing crowd management and manned guarding solutions across the UK. As the brand continues to grow they are requiring further support in the coordination of its operations.
The applicant must;
- Be competent in autonomous working and making informed decisions
- Have management experience in the security event and guarding sectors
- Evidence experience in co-ordinating operations of multiple sites and leading large teams to success
- Have a proven record in HR procedures especially in the management of recruitment and workforces
- Be literate in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Remain flexible with regard to working weekends
- Be an articulate team player with the ability to rise to challenges and solve problems
- Be aged 25 or above due to satisfy fleet insurance restrictions
- Have a UK manual driving licence and access to their own means of transport
- Be well presented and in good physical fitness
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills in both the English written and spoken language;
- Have either a Door Supervisors or Close Protection SIA Licence
- Satisfy all necessary background checks.
You will be expected to establish yourself quickly as a driving force behind the company’s operations. You will need to work fast and proficiently in accordance with the direction provided by your senior managers, specifically the Business Development Manager. You will play a key role in supporting the organisation run efficiently, meeting the demand of its clients and their stakeholders.
Your duties will largely vary to support the needs of the business however, the core focus of your role will be the recruitment and management of staff based on their experiences, their conduct, and their overall performance. You will need to maintain effective communications amongst the entire work force, and ensure a sustainable level of enthusiasm is upheld at all times to maximise staff performance and retention.
You will become a second point of contact for client accounts and, in accordance with the Business Development Manager, will become a leading person responsible for service delivery ranging from site guarding to event safety. Therefore, you will require a thorough understanding of the security industry with strong communication skills and a positive attitude, these along with personal initiative are essential in order to ensure the organisation maintains successful performance.
You will need to manage your time autonomously, getting the balance right between the responsibilities given to you, as well as reporting back to management and ensure all administration to projects are accurately documented and provided to the necessary staff working under you, such as those who will be responsible for front line roles, and those who will be specifically placed in supervisory or managerial roles on such projects to support you manage overall delivery.
Your day-to-day duties will include but won’t be limited to;
- Utilising the organisations social media sites such as Face Book and Linkedin to build and maintain a reliable staff data base.
- To identify and engage new recruitment channels to bolster staff numbers where required
- Carry out inspections, inductions and where necessary provide onsite management to support service delivery of specific projects
- Administrative tasks such as the booking of staff on projects using the company’s workforce management system. Stock management of uniform and equipment and liaising with suppliers as required.
- To attend meetings with the BDM or on your own to support client relationships
- Providing management with feedback, this may be done through reporting
- Managing the key staff under you to meet the needs of the client, our obligations, and to promote sustainable growth of the organisation
- Assist in maintaining compliance
You will also be expected to support, where required, the core management in their day to day roles. Attending meetings with management where required, and any other business related to the development of the company.
It is essential to hold an SIA license to door supervisor level for this exciting role.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business for this vacancy.