A highly regarded Multi-National Logistics Provider offering import and export supply chain solutions via, air, sea and road is recruiting for an Operations Co-ordinator to be based at offices in London.
Main Purpose of the Role;
To take operational responsibility for logistics services to several key accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Execution of multi-modal freight management services (sea / air / road) for imports and exports.
- Cross trades could also be required for this role.
- Establish effective communications with clients/overseas offices
- Take a lead operational role for different clients
- Quick response time for origin enquiries
- Arranging shipments for new or one-off clients
- Create new files for shipments prior to arrival
- Participate in periodic operational review with client if required
- Maximise revenue, contain cost
- Maintain internal service level
- Co-operate with other teams to ensure cost / revenue are processed accurately and on time.
- Find solutions for company systems / customer Extranet update issues.
- Check accuracy of container movements using the pipeline report and keeping an accurate daily spreadsheet for ease of shipment control.
- Maintain UK container delivery drop and swap schedule.
To Be Considered;
- Proven experience in logistics, forwarding, transport or retailers/ manufacturers logistics unit
- Two years internal/external customer service within a team environment.
- Good working knowledge of Excel/Word/Outlook
- Customs brokerage knowledge & experience desired Imports and Exports.
- A great opportunity to join a Multi-National organisation in a role which services a number of Global brands
- Competitive salary
- Benefits - bonus, healthcare, pension plus more
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Customer Service
- Import Export
- International Logistics
- Supply Chain
- Freight Forwarding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job