We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
To assess the operational capability of Regional Control Centre (RCC)/Regional Operations Centre (ROC) TM2's, ensuring they are have the operational skills to manage the control room and supervise staff effectively.
Please note: you will be required to work Early and Late shifts receiving a shift allowance of 12.5%
Day to Day:
* Assess RCC/ROC Team Managers operational capability to ensure they are safe and competent and that they are able to provide assurance of operator competence within their teams and others.
* Provide constructive feedback on outcome of assessments, ensuring opportunities for improvement are clearly identified and communicated to individual and their Line Manager.
* Assist with the identification of high risk work activities through regular engagement with Incident Management Requirements team, supporting the CCF process
* Provide coaching support for Team Managers to enable completion of quality Operational Capability Observations.
* Support the management team to review Operational Capability Observation reports for quality and consistency
* Contribute to standardisation processes for Team Manager Assessments and Operational Capability Observation Process.
* Contribute to L&D Operational refresher training programme by identifying common development trends and areas which would benefit from additional training.
- Excellent knowledge of Traffic Officer Work Instructions and demonstrable experience of practical application of Work Instructions in an RCC environment.
- Good Knowledge/understanding of the DRA process.
- Experience of assessing (identifying development needs) or coaching (addressing development needs)
- Experience of producing concise reports
- Ability to analyse information and interpret data.
- Good ICT skills including use of Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to take ownership and accountability for the quality of own work
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt communication style to suit the needs of audience.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/