Biorbyt Ltd is a Biotech company based in Cambridge, UK that is involved in the production, distribution, and marketing of Life Science reagents for the research institutions. Our main customers are major research organisations around the Globe. Our product range has expanded to over 100,000 products that are sold through our online portal. We have offices in Cambridge, San Francisco and China. Biorbyt is fast moving, dynamic entrepreneurial and international Company.
The Operations Assistant is mainly customer facing and will support the Operations Controller and the Operations Team to process orders for customers. The job involves using multiple platforms and systems for processing and placing customer orders, preparing customer orders for shipping, providing customer quotations, answering customer queries on order status.
• General understanding and awareness of Biorbyt Group and its strategic aims and furthering those in the respective areas of Operation and Logistics.
• Place orders in admin system that are received via email, fax or phone
• Provide quotation to customers via email
• Assist customer via email or phone with order status, lead times and pricing enquiries
• Assist Operation with shipping (Preparing shipping documents, picking and packing products for shipments, receipt and logging of new stock items)
• Comfortable with various IT systems such as email, searching information on websites, Excel, instant messenger and data management systems
• Good oral communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Customer service experience via email and phone
• Experience in using CRM systems or ecommerce solutions
Work Experience & Knowledge:
• 1-2 years experience in a similar role
• Experience of working in an office environment with a small team
• Experience of picking/packing/shipping products would be ideal
• Stock take
Education Level: Bachelor degree, although person with relevant experience will be considered for the role
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Position reports to: Operations Controller
Type of role: Full time
Salary: £16,000 to £19,000 Per Annum
Please apply online for this Operations Assistant role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.