Operations Assistant - Systems/Data Analyst required - Croydon
Our client is a UK insurance provider specialising in the leisure and lifestyle, commercial, professional risks and wholesale markets. They create, distribute and manage non-brokered niche products for these markets, delivering to consumers, SMEs and not-for-profit organisations.
We are looking for an Operations Assistant - Systems/Data Analyst is to provide support to the Operations Director and other members of the operations team. This role is a diverse role and involves you to contribute towards the development and implementation of the operational strategies and to provide data analysis to support their objectives and enhance their ability to obtain, manage and analyse business data.
This role will also include deployment testing of any IT development working closely with the Project Manager, IT Manager and Online Processes Developer.
- To provide support to the Operations Director
- To provide support to the IT Manager and Online Processes Developer
- To provide support to the Project Manager
- To carry out monthly entry of claims MI from both ARAG and Covea underwriters
- To prepare various monthly statistical MI reports
- To manage and submit monthly declarations to Croner-i
- To work with the management team to ensure that the data needs of the business have been identified and are being delivered efficiently and effectively
- To write new reports using the group business intelligence tools when required
- To assist in conducting IT deployment testing and feedback results to the Project Manager and IT department for all system changes however minor or major before changes are released into the departments
- To assist the finance team with the checking of draft MTA Transactions when necessary
- To meet regularly with the Operations Director to advise updates and report on current issues and to receive information and instructions
- To ensure compliance with processes and procedures as laid down by Morton Michel and all regulatory requirements of the FCA and any other statutory or regulatory bodies
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- knowledge of and experience with reporting packages and/or programming (e.g. Business Objects, SQL, XML)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Commercial insurance experience preferable - ideally dealing with Schemes
If you are interested in this position then please contact