Contract: Fixed Term Contract, 1 year
Salary: From £15,200 per annum FTE - £12,666 pro rata
Working Hours: 25 hours per week: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 14:30pm. Term time only
Location: Danbury Outdoors Centre
The Operations assistant will play a key part in ensuring that customer requirements are allocated with all other functional areas in Centre, to ensure the necessary information is held accurately on the Bookings software platform appropriately. In addition, this role will pro-actively engage with key customers to ensure return business, and support the rest of the Operational function ensuring all Service processes and systems are followed maintaining efficient running of the Centre.
* Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best possible outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC's Values and Core Organisational Behaviours.
* Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries to resolve queries and problems raised by customers and fellow staff.
* To contribute to development of organisational capability by taking ownership of your own training and development, including identifying and taking part in training and development activity and responding to feedback on performance.
* Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
* Take responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety and Business Continuity.
* Assist in the Operational Function at the Centre, ensuring that customer requirements are determined and allocated correctly through the Bookings software platform and updated as required.
* Use the Bookings software platform to ensure that all other functional areas of the Centre have the required information for all bookings.
* Use of specialist knowledge to provide information, advice and guidance to customers and staff on specific bookings as required.
* To provide exceptional levels of customer service to all customers of the Centre and ensure consistent adherence to both designed outcomes and agreed service levels.
* Work collaboratively with other functional areas at the Centre and Service, to ensure the best overall outcome for all visitors, whilst protecting Essex Outdoors' interests.
* To actively promote, process and secure local sales to increase income generation to meet assigned targets.
* Administration and processing of payments received, in person or over the telephone, and collation of all monies to be banked according to the necessary processes.
* To work flexibly and provide cross service cover when fluctuating workloads or staff absences require this and to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with grade to support the business, including maintaining business continuity.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5 GCSE's grade C and above, or equivalent (including Maths and English)
- Significant experience within a busy, operations focussed, business environment.
- Competent in MS Office applications and evidence of desire to increase IT skills
- High level of personal organisation and time management, with good inter-personal skills particularly over the telephone
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to collate and present information from a range of sources
- Ability to develop and sustain superior customer relations to increase return business
- Interest or experience in Outdoor Activities, and the ability to inspire others to engage in similar activities
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Annual leave entitlement of a minimum of 25 days (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
- Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Customer relations
- Country Parks
- Danbury Outdoors
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job