Job Title: Operations and Finance Director
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000
You must be a commercially focused and hands on Finance and Operations Director with a background in retail / outsourced manufacturing within a small business environment, someone hands on and happy to be involved in all areas of the business not just finance. You need to be able to problem solve in terms of manufacturing and shipping issues, understand the critical path and supply chain, and offer insight in terms of cash flow, credit control and sales, as well as assisting the MD with strategic planning and operational improvements within the business.
- Working closely with the Owner / Managing Director you will have full responsibility for the finance function, tasked with developing a robust financial infrastructure, capable of providing timely and accurate management information.
- Gain an understanding of all areas of the business across finance, design, manufacturing, production and sales, import/export.
- You will play a leading role in planning and delivering continued, profitable growth, whilst strengthening the focus on improved financial and operational performance.
- Offer insights into the business accounts in terms of cash flow, credit control and sales forecasts.
- Leading the development of business strategy to ensure that both short and long-term company goals are met and exceeded.
- Monitoring business performance and providing appropriate analysis and insight for areas of improvement, and play a commercial role in profit improvement and company expansion.
- Support the Managing Director on devising strategic plans and key business changes by providing a robust financial perspective and challenge decision making accordingly.
- Build relationships with suppliers and resolve any supplier issues.
- Resolve production and delivery issues with the manufactures (18 different factories in India manufacture the products.
- Work with large retailers in setting up the required back office functions in order to comply with their supply terms.
- Responsible for setting product and pricing strategies.
- Project costing experience and detailed knowledge of the impact of Foreign Exchange rates on a projects profitability.
- Deputise for the MD.
- Manage and mentor a small finance team through these exciting times.
- Assist in a range of ad hoc projects to ensure the success of the business.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working within a similar post within an expanding retail / manufacturing environment / ideally within a company of similar size turnover.
- Be commercially minded and able to offer insight in to the finances of the business to enable effect strategy planning.
- Be able to take ownership of problems across the business and find a solution (i.e. resolving manufacturing issues).
- Candidates should also possess exceptional interpersonal skills and have the confidence to lead, motivate and inspire.
- An excellent communicator at all levels, you will have the ability to problem solve and the ambition to drive a business forward.
- Strong, positive team leadership style, used to leading from the front and motivating teams to achieve.
- Need to be keen to work autonomously and have the ability to think pro-actively and outside the box.
- To be fully engaged with the company vision, ethics and development plans.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.