Finance and operations, management consultancy, London
Our client is a global consulting business advising both private and public-sector clients on economics, finance and public policy.
They are looking for an Operations and Finance Director who will play a key role in the Company at all levels. The main purpose of the role is to take responsibility of the operational and financial management of the company.
- Financial management and oversight of the company business activities. Both operational and strategic financial management.
- Management and mitigation of operational risk; to review, update, revise operations to reduce exposure to financial, contractual and human resource risk
- To lead an operations function which supports the working of an agile, intellectual, professional services business
- The development and compilation of comprehensive financial and management information to the company’s executive team and board
- Monitoring and reporting of KPIs for the organisation including utilisation, realisation, work in progress, overhead costs and cash management
- Management and control of key supporting business processes including finance (including bookkeeping, payments and returns),
- HR (including recruitment, annual reviews, policies, good practice), procurement, property and overall office management
- The role will include managing London and overseas offices
Key skills and experience
- Qualified accountant
- Proven track record in Operations/Financial Management/ bid and contracting risk management.
- HR experience would be a plus
- Ideally experience in a management consulting business
- Experience and understanding of a professional services business at a strategic level, including during period of change
- Adaptability and flexibility: resilience, remains calm in high pressured situations, accepts new assignments and challenges, and responds productively to change
- Ability to work effectively in a small business environment
- Ability to lead, manage and work at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Working with others: the ability to work well with others and in a cross-cultural team environment; collaborates effectively across groups and sets a tone of co-operation
This is a fabulous opportunity to take on a challenging role in an interesting business.
- Flexibility - 4-5 days a week
- Salary - £80-100K FTE plus
- Location - Central London
- Recruiter - Elspeth Peters
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'