Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The Group is committed to provide its customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people with a ‘great place to work’ and its suppliers with a great company to partner.
Owned by Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice company, Brakes Group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. It provides a professional, friendly regional service supported by a national network of depots, which ensures it offers an exceptional and individual service to each and every one of its customers.
To deliver excellent customer service, proactively informing customers of any issues and ensuring that all incoming delivery queries are handled promptly and to the customers satisfaction. Identify trends and issues with a view to recommending changes to policy/procedures in order to improve customer service.
- Proactively inform customers of any delivery service issue
- Handle customer calls in a polite and empathic manner
- Negotiate solutions to complex delivery issues to meet both customers and Brakes needs
- Liaise with other departments to ensure corrective action is taken on delivery issues and follow up to ensure delivery
- Ensure all customer delivery queries/complaints are properly documented using the appropriate customer services database
- Respond to complaints by letter where appropriate
- Identify and present the need for new or improved customer service and operational process solutions
- Develop a sound knowledge of customer needs, competitor activity and the Company’s products/resources
- To work effectively with other individuals and teams to achieve company objectives and share best practice
- Train nominated colleague as cover for holidays and peak times
Skills & Qualifications:
Ideally we are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- High standard of written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation, decision making and assertiveness skills
- Ability to organise and manage time effectively
- Have a lively and confident manner and possess a sense of humour
- Excellent team player
Brakes Group is committed to reducing the environmental impact the business has on both the communities it serves and the countries it operates in. It has ISO 14001 accreditation - an internationally recognised standard for environmental performance.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job