What is the role?
We are looking for an immediate starter for a fabulous role within a popular Milton park based employer. You will need to be available soonest and work as a temp until such time as the role is filled permanently. The temp job holder is welcome to apply for the perm position if they wish.
Where will I be working?
Within an innovative environment on Milton park, our client offers a modern working environment and a supportive culture to all employees.
What will I be doing?
This is a varied role and the successful candidate will undertake the following tasks, amongst others:
- Office and Building support:
o Ensuring staff lunch rooms and kitchens are kept orderly, being well supplied with clean crockery and utensils, supporting stock monitoring and supply, running dishwashers, maintenance of lunch room and kitchen appliances
o Ordering, receiving and taking money for daily lunch delivery
o First point of contact for welcoming and signing in visitors, managing and issuing building passes to contractors where required
o Working with research and management staff to ensure full awareness of the visitor/contractor schedule
o Maintenance of office supplies and stocks (stationary, printing supplies, etc.)
o Receiving deliveries and liaising with couriers
- coordinating a range of biologically relevant samples for research including, but not limited to:
- Liaising with and ordering from suppliers
- Arranging couriers when required
- Notifying and coordinating staff to process samples
- Maintaining records in line with relevant legislation (i.e. HTA act) and company policies
- Data entry into various cell biology databases
- Arranging maintenance/servicing of items of lab equipment
- Organising meetings, coffee mornings and ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Health & Safety: compliance with all H&S requirements; attending appropriate training programmes.
- Supporting the efficient operations of the labs by helping lab waste disposal, recycling and supporting technical stock monitoring and supply if and when required
What skills and experience are required?
This is a busy and detailed orientated role and will require fabulous organisation and administration skills.
Candidates should have a proactive approach, be able to work on their own initiative, have excellent communication skills and be flexible.
A working knowledge of Microsoft programs is required (Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet).
What else do I need to know?
This role is offered as an immediate start and a temp basis for an on-going duration whilst permanent recruitment is under-way. Flexibility may be required as this is a busy role, and a fast-paced environment.
Hours of work are ideally Full time (37.5 hours per week) and you must be able to work on Milton park. (parking available on site).
Please only apply if you can commit to a temp assignment.
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.
- Meeting Greeting
- Organisational Skills
- Coordinating Activities
- MS Office