This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing business operating within the specialist lending arena.
This is a new role, in the Personal Lending arm of our business. We are looking for a Trainer to join our Residential Underwriting Department.
The Operational Trainers will be responsible for the end to end colleague journey from on-boarding to competency (Operational Effectiveness) sign off, working closely with the relevant Head of Department, Team Leaders and the Central Learning and Development Team. Additionally this role will ensure the continued technical development of existing colleagues to meet the aspirations of our growing business.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a training role, designing and delivering programmes.
• Work with department managers to identify the required training for all new starters so that structured on-boarding programmes can be designed and deployed
• Create and maintain a full suite of effective and engaging training modules for new starters so that knowledge is gained and embedded
• Manage and deliver the training of new starters so that they have the knowledge to be operationally effective in a timely manner
• Track the progress of new starters, providing insight and reporting data to stakeholders to allow timely, informed decisions and actions to be taken
• Work proactively with all stakeholders to ensure that the new colleague journey to Operational Effectiveness is continuously enhanced
• Work with stakeholders to identify operational training needs at an individual, team and department level
• Design and deliver training interventions across the department which successfully embed required knowledge and skills e.g. new process and system changes
• Provide reporting which evidences ROI and the effectiveness of delivered training
Skills and experience required:
• Strong influencing skills and personal gravitas - seen as the ‘go to' person for Operational Training
• Previous experience in a training role
• Experience of designing, developing and delivering training interventions
• A proven ability to develop colleague capability
• Good group management/facilitation skills
• Ability to translate and train operational policies, procedures and processes
• Highly organised with a flexible, can-do and resilient approach
• Ability to develop strong relationships across and outside of the business unit
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.