We are currently recruiting for an OST Co-ordinator to join our Hove based team.
In the Pensions Risk Transfer area you will be responsible for;
- Providing an efficient claims service to individual scheme members and intermediaries.
- Complaint handling and resolution.
- Understanding the governance surrounding complaints and how to be compliant when dealing with complaints that escalate to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Job Duties
- Responsible for providing an efficient claims service to individual scheme members and intermediaries, during the installation phase.
- Responsible for leading conversations with Trustees and EBC's, organising activity as required.
- Responsible for all manual retirement calculations, design & issue of non-standard communication to both members and 3rd party intermediaries using the claims calculator. To work with buy out and buy-in schemes as required usually with six benefit slices or more and over five hundred members.
- Responsible for checking individual quotations and ensuring that documents/letters and statements are correct and that L&G is protected from any additional payments or cost above those for which the Society is liable.
- Responsible for the checking of and authorising of the payment of claims ensuring that the correct benefits are settled, and where necessary to oversee the amendment of appropriate computer systems to meet the demands of non-standard schemes.
- Responsible for complaint handling within PRT client services, ensuring good governance within the L&G and FCA guidelines.
- Provide on the job training on various aspects of the area’s work and provide technical advice and instruction to less experienced members of the team.
- Act as technical expert for the team, which could include being utilised as the Society’s contact and expert on sensitive or priority schemes, acting as the focal point for queries and having responsibility for interpreting and keeping up to date with current pensions legislation and HMRC practice.
- Set up and maintain scheme records, and to personally deal with the investigation of anomalies and to take whatever action is appropriate
- Regularly review schemes that are not yet 'signed’ and ensure all systems are kept up to date. Liaise with Installations to ensure the correct data is used for all quotations and settlements and proactively review outstanding data items both internally and externally.
- Facilitate the operation of a variety of bulk exercises (Transfer, WULS etc) in line with the agreed process liaising accordingly with Installations and Loading.
- To ensure all member records are updated and correct at the point the FDS is signed by L&G and the Trustees.
- Skills Required
- Qualifications: Pension Qualification from CII or PMI at Level 4 (Diploma Level) desirable
Knowledge: Advanced Defined Benefit Pension knowledge - Diploma in Retirement Provision - PMI - or equivalent desirable
Regulatory knowledge of The Pensions Regulator, The Financial Conduct Authority, The Pension Protection Fund and the Financial Assistance Scheme, and Complaint Handling
- Takes ownership of and resolves any issues, referring to their manager when required. Actively contributes to the enhancement of the overall performance of the team.
- Providing in-put into team planning and setting of goals and objectives for the team.
- Encourage confidence across the team and encourage a positive working environment. React positively to set backs and encourage others to follow your behaviour.
- Have an awareness and understanding of team work levels and support business needs across the team and division.
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Customer Service Skills at senior level with external parties
- Communication skills at senior level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job