Operational Support Assistant
Location: FIS Midlands – Newport
Salary/wages: £16-18,000 p/a
Hours of work: Negotiable hours, minimum of 24 working up to 40 within 12 months
Monday-Friday 0830 – 17.00 including 30 minute lunch break
General of the Operational Support Assistant:
Providing administrative assistance to the Newport team including operations and fleet departments by using Microsoft Windows packages and the company’s bespoke computer system to enter data.
Main Duties of the Operational Support Assistant:
- General office admin: filing, photocopying, archiving as and when needed
- Carry out a range of tasks in support of the depot offices
- Provide support in the use of bespoke databases
- Greeting visitors and dealing with deliveries.
- Answering incoming enquiries from customers and dealing with them effectively via phone and email.
- Completing reports on a timely basis
- Data input and invoice generation
- Any other project work as required from time to time
Requirements of the Operational Support Assistant:
- At least 1 year working in a general office based role
- Good user level of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Accurate typing/data entry skills
- Conscientious to get work done without the need for direct supervision
- Keen to develop own knowledge in support of operations
- NVQ 3 (or equivalent) Business Administration
- NVQ 3 (or equivalent) Customer Services
- ECDL (or equivalent computer user qualification)
- Working in a similar industry
Benefits of becoming the Operational Support Assistant:
- 25 days holiday per year plus 8 Bank and Public Holidays
- Company pension
- Annual bonus scheme
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Operational Support Assistant role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job