Operational Support Assistant
We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Durham for their search for an Operational Support Assistant. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible till July 2018.
- Challenging existing ways of working in order to develop lean systems with electronic data interchange, electronic filing and on-line input wherever possible.
- Assist in the development of procedural guidance notes and standard letters where appropriate for all functions within the service.
- To work with a customer focussed team approach.
- To participate in team meetings and ensure effective and efficient channels of communication are facilitated.
- Assist in identification of risks within the service area.
- Promote a culture to provide continuous service improvement.
- Work with the team to improve the performance of payment of invoices
- Rotate duties with other members of staff in the section to ensure cover is provided at all times of absence
- Work with other colleagues in Business Support to ensure peaks and troughs in other areas are supported
- Ensure a professional approach to work is adopted at all times
- Work with the other Operational Support Assistants where required to ensure a quality service is provided to front line services and customers.
- Assist with post duties as and when required ensuring it is handled efficiently and effectively over the appropriate sites
- To be flexible and carry out job shadowing with other colleagues to ensure continuous cover at times of annual leave and sickness
- Scanning and filing electronically to fully utilise Multi-Functional Devices.
- To deal with service requests and customer enquiries in a timely manner.
- To provide accurate advice in relation to the service to customers and service providers.
- To carry out cash receipting as required and prepare income ready for banking.
- 5 GCSE’s (Grades A-C) or equivalent including English and Maths
- Experience of working in an Office environment
- Proven ability to deal with major change effectively
- Experience in ICT systems
- Experience in team working
- An up to date knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and safe working practices
- High level written and oral communication skills, able to exchange information orally and in writing with others
- Able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude committed to excellent customer service
- A positive approach to service delivery