We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Durham for their search for an Operational Support Assistant. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible till July 2018.
- Challenging existing ways of working in order to develop lean systems with electronic data interchange, electronic filing and on-line input wherever possible.
- Assist in the development of procedural guidance notes and standard letters where appropriate for all functions within the service.
- To work with a customer focussed team approach.
- To participate in team meetings and ensure effective and efficient channels of communication are facilitated.
- Assist in identification of risks within the service area.
- Promote a culture to provide continuous service improvement.
- Work with the team to improve the performance of payment of invoices
- Rotate duties with other members of staff in the section to ensure cover is provided at all times of absence
- Work with other colleagues in Business Support to ensure peaks and troughs in other areas are supported
- Ensure a professional approach to work is adopted at all times
- Work with the other Operational Support Assistants where required to ensure a quality service is provided to front line services and customers.
- Assist with post duties as and when required ensuring it is handled efficiently and effectively over the appropriate sites
- To be flexible and carry out job shadowing with other colleagues to ensure continuous cover at times of annual leave and sickness
- Scanning and filing electronically to fully utilise Multi-Functional Devices.
- To deal with service requests and customer enquiries in a timely manner.
- To provide accurate advice in relation to the service to customers and service providers.
- To carry out cash receipting as required and prepare income ready for banking.
- 5 GCSE’s (Grades A-C) or equivalent including English and Maths
- Experience of working in an Office environment
- Proven ability to deal with major change effectively
- Experience in ICT systems
- Experience in team working
- An up to date knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and safe working practices
- High level written and oral communication skills, able to exchange information orally and in writing with others
- Able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude committed to excellent customer service
- A positive approach to service delivery