SCADA Engineer. Glasgow 40000 GBP to 45000GBP
Your new company
Due to recent company growth, my client, located in Glasgow and London are looking for an experienced SCADA Engineer to work within their very successful renewable energy team.
Generation and Asset Management provides asset, site, engineering and O&M services across wind, solar and storage assets for their Clients across UK&I. This role will have the responsibility within the operations team in delivering operational and compliance management and support for SCADA and associated, control and communication systems for Clients' solar parks, storage units, and wind farms (onshore & offshore). This includes the management of the systems maintenance, back up and upgrades to provide the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the Clients' assets.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Operations. The purpose of the job:-
- Provide operational support to Asset Management and O&M teams
- Collaboration with RES IT, telecoms, and software tool development teams for improvements to existing site SCADA & communication systems and site integration with RES control centre
- Work with procurement to identify suitable contractors for defined scopes of work
- Be an integral part of SMART development and provide supporting SCADA mechanisms
- Awareness of new SCADA capabilities and enhancements through establishing relationships with the Project Delivery teams, OEMs and industry SCADA providers.
- Influence contracts team on contractual content when establishing SCADA agreements
What you'll need to succeed
-Extensive operational knowledge of SCADA, control & communication systems Knowledge of industry standards and communication protocols
-Good understanding of wind turbine and solar SCADA and control systems (preferable)
-Commercial and contractual awareness Worked on operational SCADA systems both on-site and back-office - -Design and system architectural experience and have been involved in commissioning of SCADA systems --- -Understand the interface with electrical networks Have project management experience
-Ability to work in an office and site based environment Ability to communication technical information in a clear and concise way to all level of people
-Be self-managed and organised
What you'll get in return
A chance to work with one of the biggest Global Renewable Energy Developers
The salary depends on experience. 40000 GBP up to 45000 GBP
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job