Main purpose of the job:
- To support implementation and embedding of the 2LOD operational risk management framework within the Trustee Team Partnership. To provide
- Independent oversight of the 1LOD through the operation of a robust, proportionate, simple and straightforward 2LOD operational risk management framework.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Support implementation of the new 2LOD operational risk management framework in partnership with 1LOD risk owners, and ensure a consistent application of the operational risk framework throughout the Trustee Team Partnership (TTP).
- Support implementation of the new risk management system, including the configuration of the system in collaboration with the TTP and system vendor, and development of reports on operational risk.
- Work as part of the wider risk project including to develop a coherent risk appetite for operational risk.
- Challenge the RCSAs produced by the 1LOD risk owners and make recommendations for control improvements (including enhancements to 1LOD policies).
- Report to senior management, the Risk Management Steering Group and the Risk Management Committee on the operational risk project and risk profile.
- Review, assess and challenge the 2LOD operational risk management frameworks at key outsource service providers and the 1LOD oversight of outsourcing risks.
- Provide assistance, support and oversight to the 1LOD on key initiatives, including change and regulatory projects.
- Ensure that the ORM framework within the TTP aligns to the wider Risk Management Framework, including in relation to the TTP Risk Register and the Trustee’s Strategic Risk Themes.
Key working relationships / interfaces:
- CEO and Senior Management within the Trustee Team
- Risk owners in the Trustee Team
- The Risk Management Steering Group
- Head of Legal and Compliance (once recruited)
- Material outsource service providers
- Degree educated, preferably with relevant professional qualifications.
- Ideally with pension scheme and/ or investment management operational risk experience.
- Both practical and theoretical knowledge of best practices in operational risk management and experience of challenging 1LOD risk owners.
- The ability to work in a team and demonstrate cross functional awareness.
- Gravitas, leadership skills, and acumen to be able to provide effective challenge to risk owners including senior management and Trustees.
- Articulate and tactful with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Credit Risk
- Risk Management
- Quantitative Risk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job