Operational Risk Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operational Risk Manager to join our growing team, here at OneSavings Bank.
The key purpose of this role is to support the Bank’s Operational Risk management agenda, engaging in both the design and the implementation of the Group’s Operational Risk Management Framework.
The Bank operates three lines of defence risk and control model, with this role being part of a team of four people making up the Bank’s second line Operational Risk Management team. Whilst the team are primarily responsible for the design of the framework that supports the Bank’s approach to risk management they also work closely with all first line business functions, providing advice and independent judgement on a range of issues and potential risks.
The role will provide the successful individual with the opportunity to influence the risk management agenda at OSB and through their engagement with all functions and individuals of all levels of seniority will develop their understanding of the business operations of this successful and expanding organisation.
As Operational Risk Manager, you will….
- Provide input and direction into the ongoing development of the Bank’s Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Support the design and execution of the Bank’s Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) model.
- Engage proactively with Business functions to identify, assess and where applicable mitigate operational risks.
- Oversee and guide the completion of Root Cause Analysis on any incidents recorded in order to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Provide guidance and independent challenge to the Business functions on all aspects of the Operational Risk Management Framework.
Why come to work for us?
You’d be joining OSB during an exciting time of significant growth. This is a newly created role, which will offer an opportunity to add value and have immediate impact. This role will report to the Head of Operational & Consduct Risk Management and be highly visible to leadership.
The added extras
- The salary associated with the role is highly competitive and would be based on your relevant experience
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays (can purchase an additional 5 days holiday)
- An annual 10% discretionary bonus opportunity
- And many more: Contributory pension; Private medical insurance; Permanent health insurance; Save as you Earn, etc.
Am I suitable for this role?
- Extensive experience designing and implementing Operational Risk Management Frameworks. This should include a combination of conceptual thinking and practical operational implementation.
- Significant experience in engaging with senior stakeholders, incorporating both verbal and written expertise.
- Demonstrable experience working within an operations based environment with a financial services organisation.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining networks across multiple locations.
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you’re interested in the opportunity to join OSB, please click the 'Apply’ button and send us your CV.
- Financial Services
- Operational Risk
- Operational Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management