Our client is a leading financial services business who are currently recruiting for an Operational Risk Framework & Oversight Manager. The primary responsibility of the role is monitoring the adherence to the operational framework across the Bank.
- Oversee and monitor adherence to the Operational Risk Management Framework, including requirements within each of the supporting policies and processes, ensuring their robust application across the business and providing reporting on exceptions.
- Monitor Risk Events ensuring appropriate remedial work is undertaken by first line business areas and tracked to conclusion, provide validation of data accuracy including allocation to appropriate risk themes/ Basel categories, review associated risk data including RCSAs to ensure controls and risk assessments have been updated, prepare data for submission to the regulator / external data sharing consortiums in line with prescribed standards.
- Review RCSAs to identify data exceptions and inconsistencies with other framework elements (including risk events), working with first line business areas to address or raising concerns to management where appropriate.
- Review and monitor RCSA actions to ensure timely updates and track to conclusion.
- Responsible for accurate and timely MI including aggregation of Business Assurance results from central functions and business areas, identify trends, and draft reporting for CORC and other committees on results and trends.
- Provide oversight of the Risk Acceptance process, ensuring central records remain accurate and proactively following up expiring acceptances.
- Support Operational Risk Managers within Group Risk by providing an accurate and timely overview of the RCSA, Business Assurance and Risk Event data for respective areas within the Bank.
- Providing relevant feedback to first line risk supporters and / or SMEs.
- Develop oversight and monitoring plan for approval by Operational Risk Director.
- Responsible for departmental compliance with the Operational Risk Management Framework including maintenance of the Operational Risk RCSA, performing business assurance testing and providing periodic reporting as required.
- Experience of working within a risk or control area within financial services
- Strong awareness of operational risk and control environment execution within a financial services environment
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, able to draft reports to senior leaders and Executive Committees