Operational Risk & Compliance Analyst
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
A large government office based in the heart of the City are looking for a hardworking individual to join their team as an Operational Risk & Compliance Analyst. They have recently undertaken a period of expansion and continue to go from strength to strength. The company look after their staff well with a range on incentives and benefits.
The responsibilities for the Operational Risk & Compliance Analyst include:
- Risk Reporting: including periodical meetings with the business teams on risk status; monthly collating/investigation/ recording of incidents and follow-up checks on completion of mitigating actions; monthly progress of audit treatment actions.
- Regular and ad-hoc risk investigation and analysis and activities to increase risk and controls awareness, mainly at team leader level.
- Meeting attending to represent operational risk welfares at project meetings and Change Advisory Board.
- Controls Group coordination, advising project managers of areas to fix for and taking active role in review and challenge of new initiatives.
- Carrying out regular compliance testing in relation to trading activity, investigating and reporting of exceptions as necessary.
- Present reports and be an active member of the Operational Risk Committee
- Numerous administrative/team functions including secretarial duties for both the Operational Risk Committee and the Controls Group, auction compliance duties, policy reviews and ad-hoc papers/data analysis as essential.
The successful Operational Risk & Compliance Analyst will have a skill set of the following:
- Capability to collate and analyse data in order to produce management information reports in relation to operational risk, audit treatments and incident reporting.
- Decent written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate with staff on all levels; the ability to conduct meetings in order to attain satisfactory outcomes.
- Acquaintance with key aspects of Risk & Control Self Assessments and Key Risk Indicators.
- Preferably knowledge of the full trade life-cycle (i.e. deal input settlement, risk management, financial reporting & reconciliation) and an consciousness of FCA/market best practice, AML requirements, financial crime legislation and associated compliance testing routines.
- Ability to challenge the business and understand a wide range of functions in order to recognise operational impacts e.g. IT, BCP, process failures, people matters etc.
- Practical approach to deal diplomatically but firmly and consistently with staff to confirm identified risk issues are pursued to satisfactory conclusions.
- Project Managers
- Risk Management
- Compliance Testing