Operational Risk Analyst
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
- To assist in maintaining the framework for documentation, to ensure that it remain compliant with relevant legislation (e.g. Solvency II and Lloyd’s Minimum Standards), Group direction and operational needs.
- To provide oversight monitoring of designated business areas in order to embed and monitor documentation standards.
- To promote best practice standards and facilitate problem solving through providing training, advice, guidance and, where appropriate, assurance reviews.
- To assist with preparation of reports for submission to senior leadership around compliance with documentation standards
- To undertake other more general activities to support the wider Operational Risk functional goal which is to mitigate operational risk across EO, which may include being involved in business continuity, information security or other risk management activities.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the review of the QBE Group or EO Frameworks to ensure key issues and changes are considered.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of the team tactical plan, to ensure key issues are considered.
- Act as a subject matter expert for designated business functions or departments, in order to provide guidance and advice on documentation standards.
- Engage and communicate effectively with internal customers at all levels, in order to conduct reviews, undertake challenge, deliver changes and provide reports.
- Develop, maintain and deliver training and communications on documentation, including intranet pages, news articles, CBT and targeted training (including senior management) as appropriate.
- Assist with reviewing and maintaining key data, MI and performance indicators for documentation.
- Keep up to date with changes to internal systems, procedures and personnel, in order to ensure that the documentation suite is kept fresh and relevant.
- Ensure areas for process improvement and efficiencies within the team are identified, in order to promote positive change.
- Work with business area representatives to identify and agree those documents that are required to meet Solvency II or Key Operational business needs.
- Initiate and monitor the review cycle of each Solvency II and Key Operational document such that overdue items are reported and escalated appropriately.
- Maintain the central document library and supporting meta data, to ensure accurate information is available for reporting, document management and to support regulatory documentation submission requests.
- To assist change projects in identifying and responding to impacts and to hold project teams to account for the delivery of updated documentation to maintain adherence to the framework.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Good knowledge of general insurance and London market initiatives, infrastructures, processes and business practices.
- Good understanding of quality verification, validation controls, operational risk and the significance of audit interrogation.
- Some knowledge of Solvency II and Lloyd’s Minimum Standards requirements and practices.
- Good knowledge of documentation standards with a proven ability to review, understand and interpret documents.
- Understanding of risk processes e.g. KRIs and scenarios
- Some experience in a business facing role.
- Proven experience of handling data and creating high quality reliable reports, summaries, graphs or dashboards at various levels.
- Experience of working in a flexible working environment.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and dealing with internal and external audits.
- Experience of document management.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working business relationships at all levels.
- Good organisational and time management skills to achieve deadlines and work as part of a successful team.
- High quality accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively, concisely and appropriately at all levels.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite, including MS Visio and MS Access.
- Strong report production/written skills and analytical skills.
- A strong team member.
- Strong academic background with relevant professional qualifications.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.