This roel will report diretly to the Head of Business Continuity Planning as Operational Resilience Assoicate.
- ensure Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and for ensuring I.T. Disaster Recovery testing takes place at an appropriate frequency
- membership level of the Business Continuity Institute would be ideal
- ensure framework for resilience and business continuity is robust
The Operational Resilience Analyst will have responsibility for helping to coordinate all aspects of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and for ensuring I.T. Disaster Recovery testing takes place at an appropriate frequency and to a pre-defined set of objectives. This position will be reporting within the Operational Resilience Team and will help ensure critical business services and associated functions and processes operate in a resilient manner with suitable exercising and testing for process and supporting applications.
- Work closely with Operational Resilience team in deliverance of Business Continuity strategical and tactical response.
- Consider International Standard ISO22301 within all aspects of the Group and management of the BCMS.
- Consider regulatory requirements in all aspects of Group and management of BCMS.
- In liaison with other Ops Res team members, coordinate the definition and implementation of BC exercise and test scenarios.
- Help to coordinate the following essential elements of Business Continuity on at least an annual basis:
- Departmental Business Impact Assessments (BIAs)
- Departmental BC Plans
- Review and approval of all documents and processes within the BCMS
- Provide input to the change management framework to ensure that resilience and business continuity is effectively considered through the change process.
- Create the operational resilience MI
- Work with other Ops Resilience team members and with function owners to develop remediation plans for each of the functions, identifying root causes and vulnerabilities and actions to increase resilience of the functions.
- Work with other Ops Resilience team members and service owners to develop remediation plans for each end-to-end business service, identifying root causes and vulnerabilities and actions to increase resilience of the service.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience:
Candidates are expected to have experience working for Financial Market Infrastructure or similar organisations with high operational resilience requirements.
- 4 years - Broad knowledge and experience in business continuity management systems
- 4 years - Knowledge and experience in disaster recovery testing / invocation
- 2 years - Coordination of Business Impact Assessment (BIA)
- 2 years - Coordination and scoring of Risk assessments (impact and likelihood)
- 5 years - Supporting documentation to the ITIL/ITSM standard
- 2 years - Experience of chairing meetings
Experience in any of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Any I.T. 1st or 2nd level support role(s)
- Broad general knowledge of I.T. networks and environments
- ISO22301 certification
- Any role with Operational Resilience responsibilities
Skills set and Core Competencies Required for Role -
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability for writing clear and concise documentation
- Ability to interact with all levels across an organization
- Ability to be flexible and think "outside the box"
Any membership level of the Business Continuity Institute would be a benefit to the role
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient
- Quality and delivery focused
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Professional and positive approach
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organisational, and decision-making skills
- Strong administrative skills
Core Functional Responsibilities of Grade E / Associate
The day-to-day focus of this level is on resolution of operational matters or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. Roles at this level may have full ownership for one or more processes, reports, procedures or products. They are also expected to contribute to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific function.
Experience Criteria of an Associate:
Incumbents at this level are emerging as an expert in a specific skill set, business area or product but they remain focused primarily on daily execution. They are expected to exhibit strong basic executional capabilities and potential. This level may include individuals who have just acquired professional qualifications or accreditation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'