Mental Health Team Manager - Chelmsford
£46000 - £57000 per annum
Full Time, 37 Hours
The Adult Operations function delivers direct provision of services relating to vulnerable adults and their families. These services are delivered against specifications set by the people commissioning function in line with the county council's overarching outcomes.
An operational team manager reports directly to a service manager and will assist in the management of mental health services within the county council.
The postholder is responsible for ensuring that professional social work intervention is appropriately discharged to maximise vulnerable people's potential in being able to support themselves within agreed resources by 'helping people to help themselves and making personalisation and the Good Lives approach real'. The role is accountable for all key aspects of operational service delivery to include: management of resources, engaging with providers of services from the voluntary and independent sector, championing the key priorities of the Council, supporting staff with ongoing development and performance management, integration of policy, ensuring high quality practice, and considering where improvements need to be made whilst continuing to deliver an effective service.
The post holder will be expected to provide leadership in order to deliver the key strategic aims of the organisation and to ensure the citizens of Essex have access to a high quality service.
The post holder will be expected to contribute to the day to day management of the care and assessment team and be accountable for the management of mental health accommodation pathway.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- Provide leadership and management of a countywide/geographical mental health service and be accountable for the delivery of commissioned outcomes for vulnerable adults in a range of settings deputising for the service manager as appropriate
- Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best possible outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with Essex County Council's (ECC) values and core organisational behaviours
- To assist in the management of the external purchasing budget ensuring effective management in accordance with ECC priorities
- To be accountable for the development of ECCs accommodation pathway identifying creative and effective solutions to enable individuals to maximise their independence.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes
- Think creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues
- To assess a person in a complex social or family situation and who is in need of social care and support, and make sure their voice is heard, where there are questions about their mental capacity and concerns about what might be in their best interests. The least restrictive care and support arrangements compatible with their best interests will need to be found
- To take a lead on community development to assess, identify and maximise the strengths or assets of individuals, their families and their communities. For example, repairing, constructing and reinforcing networks of support for individuals in their own communities who would otherwise require admission to institutional care
Educated to degree level in social work, OT or nursing or other relevant subject area
- Significant senior level experience within adult mental health services and in particular working as an AMHP, safeguarding procedures and as excellent knowledge of social care legislation
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant experience in: Delivery of services in Health and/or Social Care; People Management; Resource planning and management; Quality assurance and customer care; Achieving person centred outcomes; Work with complex statistical, financial and performance information; Policy development and change management; Experience of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross organisational perspective
- Valid UK or European Driving licence
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Team Manager
- Senior Social Worker