MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To lead, organise and manage the SEN Service Unit and team. Provide staff with effective leadership and ensure that there are high quality systems of internal and external communication.
To lead and manage the Special Educational Needs assessment, transport, finance and monitoring business systems in support of the Special Educational Needs Unit.
To lead the decision making processes in relation to statutory assessment, placement and provision with SEN and in connection with their overall welfare.
To work with the SEN Team to deliver the SEN Service Plan objectives and to ensure that SEN performance targets are met. Seeking the views of stakeholders in identifying future needs and service priorities.
To work closely with the SEN Finance Team to ensure there are clear lines of communication between the teams about levels of support, placement, transport and provision for pupils with statements of special educational need.
To maximise the use of ICT, in the assessment and review process and develop new and innovative ways of working with the use of E Solutions.
To coordinate the preparation of responses to SENDIST appeals and to present them on behalf of the Local Authority.
Support the work of the Parent Partnership Service and develop the effective use of conciliation services.
To contribute to the strategic management of SEN and the development of SEN policy, and the associated funding regimes and the Council’s wider initiatives to promote social inclusion.
- Good understanding of SEN Law, SEN Code of Practice and policy, Code of Practice Home to School Transport SEN.
- A good understanding of the statutory framework governing the assessment of and provision for children with special educational needs.
- An understanding of the types of special needs that effect children’s education and an ability to develop this knowledge.
- Knowledge of administration and management systems.
- Knowledge of ways in which information technology can be employed to achieve service of business outcomes.
- Knowledge of the use of application of IT into the workplace in particular experience of Microsoft Office/Word, Excel and Access.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business