We are Amazon: we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers - from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As we continue to grow, we are keen to speak to experienced operators. These fast-moving facilities sit at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network, and are where we manage our fast-moving parcels.
Our Delivery Stations work as smart as they can to continuously delight our valued customers with their products: our top-line vision is to remove all effort on behalf of our end-users, while continuing to exceed everyone’s expectations whenever we can.
With this in mind, you’ll strategically lead a team, comprising of Operations Managers, Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors and Operations Assistants. This will complement your proactive management of healthy, positive working relationships on a day-to-day basis.
In this role, you’ll work with key business partners, such as Transport & Sortation, DSP Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering. Furthermore, you’ll track and drive both the operational goals and metrics of your Delivery Station, while regularly presenting your findings to the senior leadership team.
Finally, you’ll also help us as we Hire and Develop the Best - that’s one of our key Leadership Principles, which you’ll come to know well. This will help you create and implement a talent plan for your site, and will touch on talent acquisition, performance and career management, learning and development and positive employee engagement.
· You hold a Degree in Engineering, Operations, or in a related Logistics field, or equivalent.
· A Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) would be highly desirable,
· You possess excellent technical skills, that you can utilise in solving a wide range of problems and obstacles,
· You’re an excellent communicator, with the ability to confidently communicate at all levels,
· Previous direct management experience, comprising a salaried, hourly and agency strong workforce, in the context of a Logistics or Engineering environment,
· Also, experience in managing a contingent workforce that scales according to busy times of year: you’ve also previously managed regional third party resources,
· You have a strong Bias for Action: you’re able to drive production and process improvement, via greater efficiency and change,
· You already have experience of planning, performance metrics, process improvement and Lean or Kaizen techniques and methodologies,
· Extensive previous experience of the full staffing lifecycle, including: interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions of employees,
· Willingness to embrace our Customer Obsessed culture, alongside our commitment to a safe workplace in which everyone shares their processes and best practices,
· Solid analytical capabilities, with a track record of manipulating data and identifying solutions, for a variety of operational obstacles,
· Strong command of Excel, alongside solid data analysis skills,
· Demonstrable ability in managing data and details, as you establish root cause, while extrapolating and manipulating data to deliver appropriate solutions,
· You’re willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application preferably in English.
ABOUT OUR REWARDS
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere - suits and ties are few and far between.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job