Primestaff are working with our well-established Manufacturing client based in Grimsby to recruit for a highly skilled Operational Leader, if you have worked in a busy manufacturing environment and are highly organised, experienced in man management and production management processes and procedures along with a lean approach, we want to hear from you.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Responsible for ensuring respective departments are on schedule and organised, planning workloads and ensuring maximum output and controlled efficiencies to meet quality standards, this role is instrumental in developing people and improving processes and procedures to enhance the overall performance of the department, delivering excellence, efficiency and adding value to the business.
- Promoting teamwork; maintaining standards of conduct and managing performance
- Maintaining quality and inspection of tasks and teams
- Preventative and proactive approach to health and safety systems and measures
- Building training records and implementing programs to develop team performance and operational efficiencies
- Asset care management for machinery and tooling
- Ensuring Company targets and objectives are met and adhered to, providing direction and instruction as appropriate
- Problem solving; identifying and implementing corrective measures where required
- Involvement in the creation of standard work practices of construction processes
- Strong collaboration and information exchange across teams and departments, to achieve openness, awareness and optimisation of business requirements
Skills and experience required:
- Relevant, practical experience within a Lean Manufacturing environment, using performance-focused measures, experienced in line balancing and timed tasks.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet target deadlines, effectively utilising resources available
- Flexible approach and proactive attitude
- Excellent leadership skills; demonstrable experience managing teams
- Good working knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- A proven ability to identify opportunities to deliver continuous improvement programs
- Positive thinking, initiative, decisiveness, fairness, sincerity and integrity, teaching ability and self-confidence
- A flexible, solutions-focused and enthusiastic individual, with the drive and passion to meet the needs of a large organisation
- Attention to detail is paramount, working to ISO9001 accreditation
Monday - Friday 39 hours per week
What our client can offer:
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday, private medical and travel insurance, Private contributory pension and life assurance.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Line Balance
- Production Planning
- Production Managers
- Man Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job