Operational Governance Manager
Bracknell / Newbury
45k-60k + excellent benefits
Technology at Vodafone
Millions of people interact with Vodafone Technology every day without even realising it. Our products deliver many essential services that critical to the lives of many different people. We connect all sorts of businesses including banks, shops and the media to and critical services such as the emergency services. Our technology and network is the backbone to everything we deliver and without it we wouldn’t have a business. That’s why we’re investing heavily in it and we need talented people to help us deliver the next wave of innovation.
The role sits within our Technology Enterprise Services (TES) function, which manages the delivery our fixed products and services to our enterprise customers.
A wide ranging role with multiple deliverables, including day-to-day support to the Head of TES, driving key functional transformation activities & operating model/plan projects. Examples of these types of activities are:
Roadmap improvements through analytics and business reporting focussing on: improved customer experience; lower cost to deliver, optimised margin and improved colleague engagement in relation to delivery.
The role holder will identify and drive implementation of improvements to process through analytics and business reporting resulting in improvements to TES service delivery.
Introduction and management of performance measures to track delivery of revenue and margin in line with Business Unit financial plans.
Introduction and ongoing management of a best in class balanced scorecard performance management framework aligned to both UK Technology and Group TES governance with key performance indicators derived from single source of truth, allowing consistent, reliable insights, serving to assure and track progress as well as enabling informed business decision making. The role holder will additionally develop and maintain external benchmarks to ensure top quartile effectiveness/efficiencies of UK TES
Key accountabilities and behaviours
- Performance management - Design, build and management of the reporting and insight framework measuring and governing TES operational and financial performance
- Operational Improvement – Analytics and insight driving identification of operational performance and customer experience initiatives
- Analytical – able to transform vast quantities of statistical data into clear and tangible insight to drive performance improvement and articulate the results to key stakeholders within short timeframes. High attention to detail.
- Communication and presentation - delivers confident and engaging presentations at most senior level and able to convey understanding and earn respect across Global Enterprise. Understand the detail while being able to abstract and engage with differing levels of stakeholders.
- Commercial/Financial experience - Excellent understanding of the cost dynamics of the fixed enterprise service delivery business, use knowledge to influence reporting and drive improvement initiatives
- Influencing & Collaboration - Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence and deliver change. Adapts style and influencing skills to a range of complex situations and stakeholder needs and works effectively across company and regional borders. Role model of team behaviours, skills and effectiveness
- Project Management – ability to map & plan and drive multiple mini projects/actions.
Knowledge of telecoms & fixed line products & services
Good Presentation & communication
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.