Link Asset Services, part of the Link Group, currently has a 4 month fixed term contract opportunity available for an Operational Finance Administrator. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain finance experience within our Box Management and Reconciliations team in our Leeds office as we continue to build on our ambition to be the leading provider in the share plans space.
We are part of Link Group, a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. As one of Europe’s
leading asset servicing platforms, Link Asset Services interacts with almost 6m investors, administering and safeguarding £600bn of assets across 10 highly regulated markets.
As Operational Finance Administrator you will make sure that all reconciliations are completed accurately and on time, highlighting any funding requirements and providing full depositary notifications to the trustee/depositary.
• Produce all internal & external Client Money accounts reconciliations & calculations on a daily basis
• Produce all internal & external Custody Asset reconciliations
• Produce all operational account reconciliations
• Produce all distribution account reconciliations
• Produce reconciliations of BACS collection files, BACS receipts and BACS deals
• Carry out source of funds check for all required receipts
• Monitor inter-system interface files to ensure timely receipt and processing of any errors
• Produce all Client Money and Asset Report data monthly to agreed timescales and standards
• Send periodic client money chasers to internal teams
• Help produce periodic client money statements
• Help produce periodic SLA and MI data for department management to report both internally and externally.
• Process notifications to Trustee/Depositary in line with regulatory requirements and Trustee/Depositary requirements
• Inform Trustee/Depositary of dealing decisions within specified timeframes
• Carry out daily reconciliations of units in issue, identify and correct any discrepancies
• Monitor receipt of prices
• Enter and validate manual prices where necessary
• Submit trades to external collective investment scheme operators and provide trade confirms to custodians
• Inform investment managers and Investment Managers Supervision Team of provisional movement on the funds at the 2 hour stage.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Qualifications and Skills
• GCSE passes in Maths and English A - C (or equivalent)
• Ability to think laterally and apply previous experience to new problems
• Ability to manage workload in order to meet deadlines
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office package
• Able to identify and correct errors, and learn from mistakes to prevent any future reoccurrence
• Ability to clearly communicate with team members and senior management
• Problem solving
• Understanding of the core principles of financial Reconciliations and Box Management processes
• IOC qualification
• An understanding of the Financial Services industry and client money rules
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge
• Experience of Reconciliations / Box Management roles
• Experience of using the SAP accounting package