Operating Theatre Manager
Interim Operating Theatre Manager
A leading NHS organisation in South Yorkshire has approached Venn Group to secure an Interim Operating Theatre Manager to work within their Trust to provide timely, efficient and effective management support ensuring that a responsive, innovative service is provided to the highest possible standards, in line with Trust and Divisional Strategy.
The successful candidate will provide visible leadership, drive change forward and work as part of the team providing focus, direction and support to the staff within the Departments. Deliver significant change in a highly utilised, complex environment, at the same time as supporting the delivery of increased theatre capability throughout.
The main tasks of this will include having a high degree of autonomy at an operational level and significant front line presence and be confident deputising for the Director of Ops S&A as required. The successful to work with the clinical teams to ensure that clinical safety and quality is maintained alongside the business integrity of the Service.
In conjunction with the Clinical Teams, the successful candidate will ensure that all performance targets are met and to problem solve as appropriate, developing and implementing sustainable solutions in conjunction with clinical and managerial colleagues and others across the hospital and be a key member of the Divisional Management Team, taking full responsibility for actions and for keeping other team members fully informed at all times.
Central to this role is working in partnership with colleagues to work towards and ensure aligned developments and shared best practice across the Trust. The successful candidate will be expected to work with minimum supervision and to co-ordinate their activities to ensure an efficient service is provided.
- NHS Experience
- Demonstrable experience within Theatre Management
- To provide professional general management support to the Operating Theatres and DSU working in partnership with the triumvirate team to deliver a high quality and responsive service
- In conjunction with the triumvirate team provide clear and visible leadership for the service
- To ensure Operating Theatres and DSU are managed effectively working through the Clinical Ops Managers and Clinical lead(s) on a day to day basis
- To ensure effective channels of communication exist and are maintained within and across the Operating Theatres and DSU and that there are effective working relationships and links with relevant colleagues in other organisations
- To work with individual sub-specialty areas and theatre teams to improve on Theatre Productivity
- To work with other specialties and departments across the Trust, to establish excellent relationships, strong interface pathways and clear mechanisms for the escalation of problems and performance tracking.
- To work with the Clinical Director and Matron to ensure the implementation of Trust policies across the Operating Theatres and DSU and to ensure that staff are aware of their responsibilities and have appropriate training. This includes health and safety, risk management and assurance framework compliance
- Demonstrable experience of the delivery and development of the risk management agenda in other NHS Organisations
Location: West Yorkshire
Duration: 4 Months initially
To apply, send a current CV through to or call
Venn Group endeavours to make our emails as relevant as possible. If, however, the role is unsuitable please send an updated CV and desired job title.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"