Open access support coordinator - Fixed Term Contract
Salary: from £31,300 per annum when working full time (35 hours a week)
Contract: Full time, 12-month fixed term contract
Location: Nottingham, Manchester, Bristol, London or Harwell
We're looking for amazing people to help us drive a digital revolution for the benefit of society.
We know that sometimes people can be put off from applying for a job if they think they can't tick every box. But we realise the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We're ideally looking for someone with:
- Previous experience in liaising and negotiating with key stakeholders at a range of levels, including representatives of institutions, system suppliers and commercial bodies such as publishers
- A good understanding of scholarly communications, including the research, policy and market conditions prevalent in the UK and internationally, and the interests of all key stakeholders that are implied by those conditions
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) including the ability to explain complex issues to non-expert colleagues and create clear documentation and reports
About the role
Are you looking for a role where you can provide expert support and contributions to a range of scholarly communications and open access (OA) activities?
You will be responsible for providing support to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of Jisc's OA services. This will include working across a portfolio of OA services to support service managers in the day-to-day operational management and delivery of services. This role will also be responsible for coordinating and providing Jisc's support and engagement on scholarly communication in a range of UK and international activities.
We want a world where people learn, discover and thrive through access to technology. No matter who they are or where they live. We're a social enterprise, so every penny we create is reinvested in our core?purpose.?
We're a place where people make a difference to our members, feel valued and have fun. Our values are our guiding principles. They are: pride, passion, pace, trust, and teamwork.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We're always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
- We offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure)
- Simply health - a health cash plan
- You have the option to join the generous USS pension scheme
- We provide discounts on IT equipment, a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
This role will be?based in Nottingham ideally, but other locations will be considered.
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can, so you may need to travel on occasion. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it's critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we're inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CVs as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don't use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'