Senior 2nd line Onsite Support Engineer
Our client is an award winning global IT Support and Managed Services Provider specialising in the fast paced financial services sector. They are continuing to expand their business which has provided the exciting opportunity for a senior 2nd line support engineer to join their dynamic team. The company’s client base consists primarily of financial services clients, including Hedge Funds and Private Equity Firms. These clients demand the very best levels of support and the company require someone who can augment their already excellent team. The company’s multi-cultural team prides itself in providing extremely high levels of support within a very busy financial sector.
You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of server, desktop and/or network infrastructure for multiple high profile financial service clients. This is primarily a field based role across Central London.
· Provide 2nd/3rd line support on desktop infrastructure and Microsoft Servers
· Implement new server and desktop technologies
· Manage implementation of hardware/software related projects
· network technologies such as LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, TCP/P
· Be available for out-of-hours support via the on-call rota,
· MINIMUM 3 years demonstrable 2nd/3rd line support experience in a similar role, ideally with financial services sector exposure.
· Proven detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server, Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange technologies.
· Ability to work in high pressure environments individually and as part of a team.
Key Skills Required:
· Build and Configuration of Windows 2008 and 2012 Server and Exchange 2010, 2013 and Office 365.
· Virtual Environment experience (VMware, HyperV).
· Market Data Knowledge.
· Tape and Internet Backup Utilities.
· Network Topologies The following skills are advantageous (but not all requirements) and would be utilised if applicable.
· Firewall (Cisco ASA) configuration, complex routing, Cisco IOS, SAN, SQL, Citrix XenApp and Xen Desktop, Mac OSX
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Server
- Migration Projects