General job description:
- Attend client sites to support, install and replace equipment.
- Provide front line IT support to customers.
- Ensure that calls for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- Install and configure PCs, servers and associated peripherals and software.
- Undertake a variety of IT related projects.
- Provide basic end user training.
- Liaise with supplier and vendors on the companies and/or end-user's behalf.
- Maintain users in the phone system (training provided).
- Maintain phone system extensions, this includes updating the web site, and any documentation
distributed to staff (training provided)
- Install and support phone units (training provided).
- Box and document mobile phone orders (training provided).
Responsibilities & duties:
- Provide technical support to telephone and email requests from users for all PC hardware, software and
- Log support calls and document their outcome.
- Complete customer reports every morning.
- Resolve support requests or redirect or escalate to the appropriate member of the support team.
- Pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls.
- Contribute to ensuring that the companies and its customer's systems and software are kept up to date,
making sure messages are passed on and feedback received promptly.
- Travel to and from customer sites using company vehicles.
- Deploy PCs, servers and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of
- Install and configure operating systems and various software packages to agreed standards.
- Maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards, by performing upgrades, new installations and
carrying out routine procedures.
- Help all colleagues develop their skills and knowledge with respect to support.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
- Assist in the compilation of technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are
disseminated to users.
- Liaise with colleagues in all teams to ensure continuity of service for all users.
- Always provide a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- Undertake such projects of a level commensurate with the responsibility of the post.
- Undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level
- Develop and maintain active and progressive working relationships with all members of the company.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Conform to company standards and guidelines with respect to information systems.
- Plan and organise the processing of computer equipment as it becomes surplus.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.