Onsite Contract Manager
EXCELLENT RECRUITMENT OPPORTUNITY - IMMEDIATE START
For this role YOU will ideally be based within 30 min commute of Central Southampton.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
£28000 - £30000 per annum plus healthcare and pension after qualifying period.
Rapier Employment are currently looking for an Onsite Contract Manager to work in a busy transport environment for our client's site in Central Southampton.
In order to be considered for this position, you should have previous transport and logistics experience, preferably in a recruitment background. You will be expected to manage the client's expectations in terms of recruiting and training drivers, managing compliance, completing and filling shifts while managing the sites to exacting standards as laid out in our training.
You will be required to build good relations with both the customer and the driver pool.
This is an opportunity to implement and manage a new operation whilst integrating the existing labour supply and keeping the client's operation in focus.
Our client operates a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week operation, and therefore hours of work will vary dependant on the workload and contract requirements.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
- Implementing a new operation within an existing transport department
- Managing the clients workload and matching with available drivers
- Recruiting new drivers in the area
- Assisting with transport planning to fully maximise driver pool
- This role is for an established and growing business offering genuine career prospects.
IDEALLY YOU WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Previous recruitment experience preferably within an onsite operation
- Outstanding people skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous transport experience
- Efficiently carry out the day-to-day worker assignment controls
- Complete recruitment; payroll, and HR administrative functions
- Receive bookings from clients, allocate appropriate candidates to bookings, complete the booking sheets and notify clients and candidates
- Interview candidates ensuring all relevant documents are copied and logged. Ensure candidates are eligible to work in the UK, take up and record references before allocation of work
- Meet, greet and deal with ad-hoc employment enquiries efficiently and professionally
- Train all candidates utilising our clients recruitment requirements.
- Develop client KPI packages demonstrating Rapier performance against service level agreement targets and objectives
- Be able to work proactively on own initiative
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent Organisational skills
- A positive 'can do' attitude
- Driven and 'self-starting'
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent Computer Skills (Microsoft Windows/Office)
- Due to the location and nature of the work, a full clean driving licence is essential
Why Rapier? Because We Deliver!
ABOUT RAPIER EMPLOYMENT:
Rapier offers over 28 years of excellence in providing dedicated workers to leading third party clients. We are committed to sourcing, supplying and placing both temporary and permanent workers into a full range of commercial, production and logistics positions.
We are recruiters for many leading logistics firms in the UK. We are constantly on the look-out for drivers, warehouse and office based staff to fill both temporary and permanent positions.
As an equal opportunities employer, we place great importance on treating all employees fairly. As part of a generous employee package we offer many training and development opportunities, excellent rates of pay (including pension and holiday pay) and a benefits package that includes medical plan, life and disability cover.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Rapier Employment, who are a recruitment business.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK/TWITTER:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job