GreatFind Recruitment are proud to be a recruitment partner for one of the industry’s most successful IT service providers. As an organisation, they offer IT consultancy and a range of managed services to their clients in the UK and overseas. After recent successes in the market, they are seeking to add to their team with the appointment of an On-site engineer with 2nd line support experience. Ideal candidates will be from a managed services background and be adept with Windows Server 2008/12, Virtualisation, backups and remote user support desktop support and deployment.
With a strong background in 2nd line support resolution and a proven troubleshooting ability, you will cover internal and client support services, including deployment of agreed internal, client visits and carrying out client projects. Your primary function will be to dealing with more complex calls and remote access issues through helpdesk and on client site.
Your main duties will include:
- Carrying out scheduled preventative maintenance for clients at various locations in London
- Carrying out system assessments and analysis tasks
- Keeping a detailed and accurate log of client hardware and software issues
- Monitoring tickets and ensuring timely resolution to all clients to minimise disruptions
- Providing face to face, remote access and telephone support to clients
- Answering and logging 1st and 2nd line queries and escalating complex issues according to SLA’s
- Working with on-site engineers with technical issues
- Applying significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to clients
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change at client sites
- Building a knowledgebase of each client's business, systems and objectives to provide suggestions and a more tailored service to each client
- Training in-house technical staff through both formal and informal training programs and undertaking training for your role as required
This is a hands-on role and involves working directly with clients in busy, client facing environments. It is a great opportunity for an experienced 2nd line engineer to take on more responsibly and enjoy training, progression and development opportunities. You will take ownership from your client accounts and work with leading vendors in the industry.
The ideal person specification
- Solid experience solving desktop and server problems on client sites
- Microsoft office 365
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Inc. Active Directory Management
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, VMware, SQL Server, backups, ASDL routers, firewalls and wireless networking are all considered important for the role
- Experience of working within a team of support engineers and able to demonstrate a strong teamwork attitude
- Wireless fault diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Experience with busy, B2B customer facing environments
- Able to build strong, collaborative relationships with vendors and support staff
- Able to monitor and prioritise logged issues for clients and willing to go 'above and beyond’
- Knowledge of LAN/vLAN/WAN technologies would be a bonus
- Candidates that possess or are working towards relevant qualifications are preferred
This role is based directly on client sites in London locations, Our client offers fantastic training and development schemes for their ambitious staff. You will enjoy salary prospects ranging from £25,000 - £32,000 as well as increasing holiday bonuses and a range of other benefits to be discussed at interview stage. Candidates with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support experience, particularly from an IT managed services background are highly desirable for this role. Is this you?
APPLY TODAY! Contact Great Find Recruitment today to discuss your suitability in more detail.
GreatFind Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
- Active Directory
- Managed Services
- Server Support
- Software Deployment
- Field Support