The Operations team sits at the heart of Ipsos MORI being responsible for the delivery of research projects for each of the specialisms of the business.
The Online team are responsible primarily for scripting and processing areas within Operations and are based in the main London office (St. Katherine’s docks).
We are recruiting for a Senior Online Scripter with a proven track record in online survey programming using UNICOM Intelligence (previously IBM SPSS Data Collection) also know as Dimensions. More than half the work we do is for the Government and the Public Sector however you may find yourself programming surveys across a broad range of interesting and important topics; from employee surveys to international studies, reputation trackers for some of the world’s largest organisations.
We program both Online and Multimode (Online + CATI) surveys in this team and there will also be an option for involvement in development. We are looking some for someone who is self-motivated and energised who can bring new ideas and help raise the team’s profile internally and externally. We work closely with Researchers across the UK business to build a strong working relationship between operations and research teams.
Responsibilities & deliverables:
- To produce accurate data collection scripts of market research questionnaires
- To customise Online survey layouts using modern standards in Web technologies
- To set-up and activate Online and Multimode projects including quota set-up and working with sample files
- Emailing of survey invitations and reminders
- Organisation and delivery of complex projects and resolve problems swiftly
- To participate in job set-up meetings to ensure clear understanding of project requirements
- To advise researchers on the most efficient way, from a scripting perspective, to produce data collection scripts
- Quoting projects
- Engage and support team work and collaboration
- Self development and development of others.
- To abide by the Quality procedures and apply them effectively
Skills & experience required (primary - scripting):
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- Significant scripting experience required in a market research agency or related area is essential
- Excellent knowledge and proven track record in UNICOM (previously IBM SPSS Data Collection) aka Dimensions IOM including experience of writing functions and subroutines and working with non-Dimensions objects such as database connections
- Quota set-up, working with sample files, emailing experience desirable
- Significant understanding of web standards and protocols
- SQL experience and other programming (e.g. Python) experience useful but not essential
- OOO programming experience is desirable
- Experience with a server side scripting language (e.g. PHP, ASP, JSP, etc.) is desirable
- Good Microsoft office skills essential in particular MS Excel 2016
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrates an ability to multitask and is flexible when requirements change
In return, we offer:
- A competitive package, with a commitment to personal development where your efforts and achievements are recognised and rewarded;
- A creative, busy, open and supportive working environment;
- The opportunity to get involved with innovative techniques in addition to the more traditional methods.
We are one of the world’s largest market research companies with offices in 88 countries. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial, client-focused organisation, providing research services to over 5,000 clients worldwide.
Proudly, we are the only global market research company that is still controlled and operated by market researchers. We aim to be intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and aim to work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively. We are consistently engaged in a variety of complex and high-profile projects in nearly every major industry, and work with governments, institutions and the world's leading brands and businesses.
We have an unparalleled depth of technical and industry knowledge, as well as innovative qualitative and quantitative expertise. Each of our key research specialisms are recognised centres of excellence. The type of work we do is very varied, from qualitative research in one market to over 20 markets and quantitative research on a one-off basis in one market to large international continuous studies.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job