Online Merchandising Assistant - Bristol
£19k + benefits
Working with the web content and merchandising team, you will assist the Web Merchandisers with trading and optimising their categories. You will become an expert in new product positioning and category groupings, navigation, sort orders and onsite product search.
In this role you will also ensure effective and logical product presentation with added value content including videos and buyer guides. At all times you will ensure optimised user experience to help deliver the maximum possible amount of sales.
As Online Merchandising Assistant your main responsibilities will be:
- Spotting opportunities to increase sales of lines across all categories such as influencing promotional activity in line with communications plan, missing data and assets, inconsistent product sort orders and suggest changes in line with seasonality and trends
- Understanding site analytics to help identify how placement and presentation decisions impact conversions, basket size and sales
- Assisting the Merchandising team to locate products correctly on the web, setting ground rules / style sheets for differing product areas, implementing consistent grouping, naming conventions and presentation
- Ensuring you have a firm grasp of product category and brands and sales performance, researching and monitoring competitor behaviour and staying ahead of the market
- Working with the web content team to share terms that may not be used on the site for improved SEO and keyword ranking
- Working closely with Category Merchandiser to share insights and support all category overhauls
- Driving for targeted results across all categories
To apply for this role your experience and skills should include:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Previous marketing/ merchandising (retail or digital) experience
- Knowledge of HTML is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of content management systems
- The ability to interpret and analyse data
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleague's professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now.
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- User Experience
- Web Content