Job Title: Online Design Manager
Salary: £50,000 Plus
Location: Enderby Head Office
Start Date: ASAP
Due to our clients continued success and growth plans they are now looking to recruit a Online Design Manager to join them at our head office based in Enderby.
Online Design Manager role:
To manage the design and innovation of concepts for all new online content. To manage the design team that provides designs that will represent and enhance the our clients retail brand
About the Online Design Manager Role:
- Digital design and craft is at the heart of this role, understanding the industry and innovation in all areas is the key to success for this crucial role at our clients.
- Design and creativity is at the centre of this role; an eye for excellent photography, understanding use of the right images, features, animations, video and creative writing to enhance our brand is crucial; with a careful consideration of how digital design can work for individual projects.
- An excellent understanding of brand concepts and typography, use of fonts and the recognition of their importance in design for Next.
- The ability to resolve creative problems using your initiative. A good knowledge of fashion design, and fashion retail practices and an appreciation for key trends in digital design across varying platforms is important.
- With a large team to manager you will need to be constantly encouraging innovations, forward thinking, and exciting new trend driven concepts.
- With enough experience to bring new ideas to the team, and influence designs, your leadership will be key in this role.
- To present the teams designs and ideas when required to all levels up to and including directors, and the Chief Executive.
- To review competitor sites and make recommendations to maintain Next's position as market leader, and ensure designs on the site are in line with current trends.
- Create an effective workflow for the design and execution team and ensure the meeting of deadlines, relevant and retouched imagery and high level design standards are considered at all times.
The ideal Online Design Manager:
- A High level design skill set, (photoshop, indesign, illustrator dream weaver).
- Worked in a commercial fashion environment for at least 5 years and have a strong fashion/graphic design portfolio
- Proven track record in managing, inspiring and developing a team of Online Designers.
- Persuasive communicator
- The ability to prioritise
- Motivate and lead a team of designers
- Team player and mentor
You know our clients retail company, but did you know they a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. They are the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear they are the market leader. At the last count they have over 540 stores, plus the company Directory and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So they have gone global!
When our client finds exceptional people who share a passion for what they do, they make it as straightforward as possible for them to join the Head Office Team. There's so much variety at our clients Head Office, with fantastic opportunities for all kinds of unique skill-sets. But, whichever of these roles is right for you, we're always looking for talent, passion and a great personality.
If you feel you have the experience and skills listed above to carry out this Online Design Manager role and would like to one of the best know UK retailers that offers its employees the chance of career progression and job security then apply today for the chance of an early interview.
- Design Manager
- Online Design
- Online Design Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job