Online Category Manager
Quest Search & Selection is working with a high-street retailer who are currently seeking an Online Category Manager with very strong trading experience. Reporting into the Senior Online Trading Manager, the successful candidate will have real category ownership and the confidence to make commercial business decisions.
The job responsibilities of an Online Category Manager within this renowned British business will include:
- Ownership of the trading plan across your categories, analysing performance and profitability to maximise sales
- Working alongside B&M teams to develop trading opportunities, analyzing weekly activity
- Working closely with the web teams to plan seasonal promotional activity
- Identify trading risks, and forecast promotion online using web analytics and analysing customer journey
- Analysing product conversion, and ensuring product placement and user journey is effectively optimised
- Build very strong relationships across the business, leading and facilitating meetings when required
- Management and development of Assistants within your team, to work effectively and maximise potential
Requirements from an Ideal Candidate (Category Manager / Trading Manager - Online retail)
- Strong leader, communicator and decision maker
- Experience and understanding of a buying and merchandising trading function
- Intermediate/advanced excel knowledge
- Experience of web analytics is desirable, but the successful candidate can also be upskilled in this area
This is a unique opportunity for you to really drive product category ownership, and be part of a highly-performing team. The successful Online Category Manager will receive competitive salary, plus benefits and car allowance. If you're interested in a further conversation about this job opportunity, please submit your CV for review and a confidential conversation.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.