Oncology Lead Nurse
Oncology Lead Nurse | Spire South West Oncology Centre | Band 7 equivalent salary | Bristol | Mon-Fri hours
The Spire Oncology Centre is a purpose built treatment facility that host the very latest technology used the treatment of cancer. It first opened its doors 4 years ago as a private Radiography Centre but extended its services in June 2017 with the addition of a state of the art five bay Chemotherapy suite.
The Facility is located in Aztec West, Bristol about 10 minutes from Bristol Parkway. Offering both Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy treatments with full supportive services allowing patients to experience a fully integrated pathway for their individual cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide exemplary care for cancer patients undergoing cancer treatment
- Lead specialist in the area of SACT providing specialist education and support
- To ensure the wider cancer team deliver effective quality care and adhere to safety compliance for patients with cancer by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership.
- To manage an exemplary pharmacy service in accordance with current legislation, accepted professional and ethical standards and clinical requirements.
- Be responsible for leading, motivating and effectively managing the pharmacy team by providing excellent leadership.
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Qualified in venepuncture and cannulation and the use of CVAD’s
- Qualified in the Safe handling and administration of SACT (accredited course) with evidence of regular competency assessment
- Competence across a range of cancer nursing, management and leadership skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through Nursing and Midwifery Council registration and further education and development specific to SACT delivery and cancer care.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please click apply and you will receive a call back from Lisa O’Connor.
For us,it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'