Oncology Clinical Fellow - ST3 to ST8 Level
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Oncology Clinical Fellow to join our state of the art facility located at The London Clinic’s Duchess of Devonshire Wing (Cancer Centre), in London (W1G 6JA). Our consultants are leaders in their respective fields; almost all hold NHS teaching posts, which makes this an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and form part of a dedicated and forward-thinking team.
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, and we have been providing exceptional care since 1932. We have 8 premises, where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery and medicine.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and The Duchess of Devonshire Wing which is our award-winning cancer centre specially designed for patients receiving cancer treatment. The facility also has 8 floors, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms.
The London Clinic won the award of International Cancer Centre of the Year at this year’s IMTJ Medical Travel Awards.
The Oncology Clinical Fellow will help us treat thousands of patients using cutting-edge technology and a progressive approach to care. You’ll work across inpatient and outpatient acute oncology wards, as well as Radiotherapy Services, building your expertise at the heart of a superb team.
- Job Type: Full-time, 12 month fixed term contract with the option to extend annually
- Hours:40 hours per week
- Shifts: Variable shifts; Monday to Sunday. Days: 8am to 6:30pm & Nights: 6pm to 8:30am.
- Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 plus comprehensive benefits package & support with bench fees.
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme (total contribution up to 17%), 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and a season ticket travel loan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the clinical care and supervision of Oncology inpatients and outpatients (Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy) in conjunction with the Consultants and multidisciplinary team, including rewriting of drug charts, writing up TTOs etc.
- Work closely with the Consultants and nursing staff to support patient treatments and management of symptom control, as appropriate.
- Support management of acute oncological conditions including neutropenia sepsis, treatment related toxicities and other oncological emergencies.
- Participate on daily ward rounds and unit meetings, as well as ensuring all records are efficiently and accurately maintained and utilised, for reporting and audit procedures.
- Attend to emergencies and urgent requests from the Senior Nursing Staff in the absence of the admitting Consultant and to be part of the Acute Oncology Steering Group.
- Assist the Haematology fellows which may include participation in weekend and out of hours cover, liaising with the Consultant Haematologist.
- Support on Level 3 Outpatients ward with go-aheads for Outpatients Chemotherapy when necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Full GMC Registration with License to Practice
- MBBS Degree or equivalent, and an MRCP or equivalent is desirable.
- Medical and/or Surgical Oncology experience to ST3 and above in a multi-specialist hospital. Experience at Specialist Registrar level is desirable.
- Ability to assess and manage patients presenting with acute oncological symptoms, as well as performing all routine clinical procedures including; Intravenous cannulation & Emergency CPR
- Effective communication and clinical decision making skills, with the ability to form strong relationships with patients, colleagues and consultants.
- Highly self-motivated, confident, articulate, diplomatic and tactful.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
- Surgical Oncology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'