An On-site Technician is required to work within the operating theatre of a hospital based in Swansea. The On-Site Technician will be employed by an internationally renowned manufacturer of high quality medical devices and will be deployed on the client’s site to provide product knowledge, technical skills and support to both Surgeons and Nursing Staff within the theatre suites.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (such as Combat Medical Technicians, nursing staff, REME, Royal Signals etc.) are strongly encouraged for this position.
The suitable candidate will have previous experience of working in a healthcare or medical environment and have carried out fault-finding, maintenance & repair work to a variety of equipment types. Full training on the broad range of endoscopy equipment will be given along with regular on-going training to maintain your technical competency. The On-Site Technician will require good communication skills, be able to work independently on assignments whilst building strong relationships with our Key Stakeholders. The ability to concentrate, prioritise, problem solve and to be decisive are also essential qualities for this role.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- The day to day management of various assets in one or multiple customer facilities in the operating theatre and central sterile processing environment
- Video imaging system set-up and first line maintenance, the inspection, troubleshooting/replacement of devices used within the facility
- Preventative maintenance on all devices, trouble shoot video imaging and instrument issues in the theatre, inspection of the instruments and document their functionality
- Inspect and maintain instrument sets so that they are always in good working order and ready for use, document repairs and arrange replacement equipment
- Management of the devices and instruments as determined by the Managed Surgical Facility agreement
- To carry out Surgeon and Nurse user training necessary on equipment used in the Facility to ensure the smooth running of the Theatre Suite and the seamless interface between technical and clinical aspects to the ultimate benefit of the service delivered by the facility to the patient
- Attend all periodic and ad hoc meetings with the medical facility representative, medical and administrative staff employed by or on behalf of the facility
- Ensure that COSHH, HTM and all applicable Health & Safety standards and requirements are met at all times by the employees, servants and agents
- Ensure Services are ISO 9001 compliant
- Attend upon, supervise and manage the delivery, off-loading and storage of Equipment at the Unit by the Trust/ Hospital’s Technical Support porterage and warehouse staff as required
- Awareness and compliance with local medical facility policies relevant to their activities
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job