About this role:
An exciting opportunity has become available on a full-time permanent basis within our rapidly expanding Technical support team.
We are looking for a dynamic support Technician that will be based on site at a School in the local York area.
The On-Site Support Technician is a key figure, in maintaining and developing the relationship with this school while also providing high-quality and professional technical support service to staff and students.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing technical support within an Education environment and supporting customers with Windows, Google G Suites and Smoothwall.
You will be responsible for:
- To provide ICT technical support to the school. You will ensure a high level of customer service is always maintained in a professional and efficient manner.
- Providing accurate technical solutions to queries and incidents; escalating to managers or other teams as required to meet the agreed SLA targets.
- To manage and maintain the school’s ICT equipment including overseeing the general health of equipment and devices.
- Installation, configuration and deployment of equipment.
- General basis ICT support such as password changes, printer issues and set ups.
- To manage expectations of the school, keeping them informed and up to date with progress.
- Proactively monitoring and prioritising IT problems and escalating where necessary.
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal core hours, in response to service demands as agreed with the Head Teacher and Vital York
- To contribute to the ethos of the school, in all areas of contact and responsibility, in relationships with staff and pupils
- To support the school staff policies and procedures.
- To perform such other tasks as may reasonably be required by the Head Teacher or Senior Leadership Team
- Ideally an understanding of Windows 10 / Windows Server, Networking, Wi-Fi networks, Smoothwall Filter, iOS devices, MDM and Google G-Suite
- Experience in working closely with customers and providing excellent customer service.
- Sound technical ability
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to learn quickly and exercise initiative
- Effective management of time and workload
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively
Why Vital York?
Established in 1997, Vital York has a key focus in the Education space delivering a range of IT managed services, cloud hosted services, Device as a Service, Internet Service Provision, Trust on-boarding, Google services (G Suite) implementation as well as many more.
We pride ourselves on providing a customer focused approach and align ourselves as an extension of our customer's IT team. This means we seek the same goals as our customers in ensuring a fit for purpose solution, built upon tier-one infrastructure and supported by first class support.
Growing from our inception in providing IT support to a single school, to doing so across the entirety of York, our growth has led to significant investment in our business. We recently formed a strategic partnership with Academia Technology Group and now can leverage the resources and partnerships that Academia boast. This ensures that we can provide the same focused approach, powered by a larger UK-leading reseller.
- Information Technology
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'